Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BrotherBranwell
Maybe someone from AC can fill us in.
You must be new here.

Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:45 pm

Maybe one of the Bens can chime in now?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:01 pm

Chime in about what, 868 overnighting?

It overnights in LHR, usually turns to YHZ in the morning though it can operate YYZ/YEG/YOW the following morning too it seems. The only 859s I see it having operated in the last month or so is if it arrives on 868 21 hours earlier... though I may be missing checking some fins.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:08 pm

I'll also point out that 859 since Jan 1 (157 flights) departed >30 mins late only 12 times. Are posters referring to other delays?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
I'll also point out that 859 since Jan 1 (157 flights) departed >30 mins late only 12 times. Are posters referring to other delays?
This is a thread from last year Winnipegrev - the delays being discussed were in the Spring of 2013 - apparently the OTP of 859 has improved since then.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:16 pm

This is a thread from last year Winnipegrev - the delays being discussed were in the Spring of 2013 - apparently the OTP of 859 has improved since then.
Haha thanks ... wasn't aware of what a thread resurrection bakersdozen made!

Well in that case the 106 AC859 flights Jan 1-Apr 17 2013, only 8 were delayed >30 mins.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
J/Class:
Light Hot Breakfast
Bar Service
Full Hot Dinner (2:15 prior to landing)

Y/Class:
Full Hot Breakfast
Bar Service
Snack with Bar (1:30 prior to landing)
I'd add that the Y meal offerring is minimal (and I don't think I'm a large eater) and nasty (especially the snack which is usually a single roll with some strange foreign substance in the middle). When flying this flight if there is even the chance of being in Y I'd suggest bringing additional food. Food in J is usual AC fare and while not earth shattering is more than adequate.
Resurrecting an old thread, is there any update on the Y meal offering on 868? Still as unappetizing and inadequate as a few years ago?

What does the CHML entail?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: AC 100K, AC 2MM, SAS Diamond, AA P; Avis CM
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy

And, no, I'm not a CEO. I fly J and it's one of the most productive times of the month for me. I get more writing (and thinking) done on this flight with no interruptions (human or electronic) to get in the way. I get so excited for this flight each month because I know I'll get caught up.

^^^@:-)@:-)

Agree completely. It's the best for getting work done.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by vroom
Resurrecting an old thread, is there any update on the Y meal offering on 868? Still as unappetizing and inadequate as a few years ago?

What does the CHML entail?
Yes.

I was on this flight for the first time ever on Sunday 1-10-17. Scheduled departure time was 0910 and the meal service in Y started maybe prior to 11 am. Breakfast was served... choice of pancakes or omelet. Why not serve lunch? Methinks breakfast is served only to save money.

The pre-arrival snack was a teeny, tiny sandwich (think dinner roll with some filling), accompanied with cookies.
--
13F
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Yes.

I was on this flight for the first time ever on Sunday 1-10-17. Scheduled departure time was 0910 and the meal service in Y started maybe prior to 11 am. Breakfast was served... choice of pancakes or omelet. Why not serve lunch? Methinks breakfast is served only to save money.

The pre-arrival snack was a teeny, tiny sandwich (think dinner roll with some filling), accompanied with cookies.
--
13F
Serving breakfast for 0910 departure time is on part with the rest of the system. I kind of agree with what you're saying in that by the time you actually get served, it's basically lunch time.

The same thought goes for domestic transcon flights that leave just before 10am and you don't get served your dish until 11:30am.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
My brother recently travelled on this route in PE. No meal choice was given to part of the cabin. Only pancakes were available and they were not at all appetizing. Some pax were given the omelette from Y when they objected to the pancakes. Upgrade to J was offered for $4000 from PE. Second meal was a small sandwich on a dinner roll.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Serving breakfast for 0910 departure time is on part with the rest of the system. I kind of agree with what you're saying in that by the time you actually get served, it's basically lunch time.

The same thought goes for domestic transcon flights that leave just before 10am and you don't get served your dish until 11:30am.
I agree ... and this is especially true if you think about the flight time from an arrival (UK) time zone perspective, and not a departure (ET) time zone. In UK hours, the flight departs at 14:10, and the main meal is not served until 16:30 ... so absolutely the day tripper "main meal" should be a real main meal, and not just breakfast.

(I could make the same case for the domestic part of flight 34 ... and doubly so for passengers who originally departed from SYD, and have already been served one breakfast before landing in YVR ... but that topic is really for another thread)
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:15 pm

AC 868 meal experience

I have been taking this flight, probably at least once a year, since about 2000 when the former Canadian Airlines operated it. I pay the overnight expense of a Toronto airport hotel to take it, because I find the time zone adjustment infinitely easier flying by day. And if your time in England is short, it is, for me at least, worth the Toronto expense to ease the time zone change and thereby maximize effective time in the UK. HOWEVER, I do not like the meal service. And I have flown it both "biz" and "peasant". By the time you take off from Toronto and cabin service swings into gear, it is late morning. I do not want breakfast; I had that at the airport before I left, but that is what they serve. The "snack" in peasant is marginal at best. I normally bring a sandwich with me to have as lunch at my Canadian time zone lunch time. I find that helps. I looked to this site to see if there were any recent comments (Mar 2019 there are not) as I am taking the flight tomorrow, and I wanted to see if anything had changed. Even though tomorrow I am in biz, I will bring a sandwich "just in case" because I could not find any meal service info on the AC web site.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Heathrow regular
I looked to this site to see if there were any recent comments (Mar 2019 there are not) as I am taking the flight tomorrow, and I wanted to see if anything had changed. Even though tomorrow I am in biz, I will bring a sandwich "just in case" because I could not find any meal service info on the AC web site.
This is the menu that was posted for AC868 tomorrow:

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...68_YYZ_LHR.pdf

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Mar 19, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
This is the menu that was posted for AC868 tomorrow:

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...68_YYZ_LHR.pdf
I added a wiki with the latest main courses page as per your link.
Jebby_ca and jc94 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.