Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC/AE now trying to charge SE $150 for baggage on award flights!?

AC/AE now trying to charge SE $150 for baggage on award flights!?

Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
It's been that way since at least last August. I've had 2 reward flights in that time as a Super Elite (prior to Altitude) and had the same issue. I called both times and was told that it was a glitch and to just go to an agent when arriving at the airport.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
A tiny bit off topic - what is the policy of checking bags on J award flights in North America for those of us with no status - fee for checking a bag or not?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
A tiny bit off topic - what is the policy of checking bags on J award flights in North America for those of us with no status - fee for checking a bag or not?
No fee on J reward ticket
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:49 pm

I've taken 4-5 reward flights in the last 12 months (as an Elite) and it's always tried to charge me for checking more than one bag. Every time. It always involves the check in agent having to do some computer voodoo to get it so the system doesn't want to charge me.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Took the family to SFO a few weeks ago, the week before the changeover, and had the same issue. Figured that getting on a UA flight first on the return would cause even more grief. I don't know if the whole itinerary was fixed by the agent a YQR that did the voodoo first, but UA had no issues. And, once the changes were made at the check-in counter, status showed on all BPs...
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:41 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
Took the family to SFO a few weeks ago, the week before the changeover, and had the same issue.
Same here, from YOW-YYZ-JFK, on both there and back. YOW agent removed it quickly but seemed puzzled - JFK agent was very confused and had to call a supervisor to deal with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.