Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Online check-in with connecting flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k

Hey, have a quick question about OLCI. I am traveling YVR-ICN-NRT in about a week- Air Canada etkt# with travel on AC and OZ metal (ICN-NRT being on OZ).

Having just gone through Air Canada's policies for online check-in:

You can check in:
At any time within the 24-hour period* prior to departure of all your flights; and
at least 30 minutes prior to departure for flights within Canada
at least 1 hour prior to departure for flights between Canada and the USA
at least 1 hour prior to departure for flights between Canada and other countries
if you have a connecting flight, up to 24 hours prior to departure time of your final connecting flight
* Always use airport local time of the last flight in your itinerary to determine when you can check in.
...it looks like I'd need to wait until 24 hours before my OZ flight before I can do OLCI? Or does this only apply when all travel is on AC metal? I'm getting conflicting information from my search results (some say it only applies to all-AC travel while others say it also applies to multi-carrier itineraries)

This isn't really that important for me as I'm already in J but a friend with the same flights is hoping for an LMU offer. If I would need to wait until 24h before the OZ flight, is it possible to call AC and go through the LMU process over the phone?

Thank you!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:05 pm

I think it depends??

When I flew YYZ-NRT-TPE (AC1, then NH1083), I could OLCI both segments, including the NH1083 (NRT-TPE) which is like 15+ hours ahead. I was pleasantly surprised
This is for X'mas 2012
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Oops. I think I may have read that wrong... looks like I can check in any time between 24 hours before my first flight and 24h BEFORE my connecting flight. Confusion averted!

EDIT: But then the last sentence following the asterisk makes me wonder again. 24 hours before the last flight in my itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.