Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Anyone got their status bonuses in Jan/Feb yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP

Attitude has launched >24 hours and so far my Jan/Feb status bonuses (as an E in 2012) are still missing. Anyone gotten theirs yet?
GT
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
The January/February status bonuses are retroactive based on your 2013 status an, obviously, your select privilege choices.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC, UA, DL, BA, SPG
Originally Posted by cavitron
The January/February status bonuses are retroactive based on your 2013 status an, obviously, your select privilege choices.
Even those have not been posted. I did a few short AC Jazz flights (<500 miles), and these should give 500 AP miles. Not that it matters, I guess it will be accounted for at some point.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
If they continue to do Sunday sweeps, we might see a whack of pts hit our accts tomorrow (assuming that's what you picked for your benefits).
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:18 pm

Agreed Sunday sweep is likely when they will show up, at least based on past practices, which may not sure bet with all the changes.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by cavitron
As I posted Here, the Selecte Privilege area says:

This bonus applies to Aeroplan Miles earned for distance flown between January 1 (or as of the date your Altitude status is confirmed by e-mail) and December 31.
So not nececcesarily back to Jan 1, on that wording! My e-mail was received 24 Jan and it said SE100K as of 10th Jan.

if they meant Jan 1, they would have said Jan 1, presumably (but we are talking AC of course).
Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by RooFlyer
So not nececcesarily back to Jan 1, on that wording! My e-mail was received 24 Jan and it said SE100K as of 10th Jan.

if they meant Jan 1, they would have said Jan 1, presumably (but we are talking AC of course).
As someone suggested in another post, this wording is likely meant to cover people selecting that privilege mid-year after hitting early recognition.

I have very little concern that we will not receive bonus miles all the way back to January 1st.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by margarita girl
If they continue to do Sunday sweeps, we might see a whack of pts hit our accts tomorrow (assuming that's what you picked for your benefits).
Originally Posted by xLuther
Agreed Sunday sweep is likely when they will show up, at least based on past practices, which may not sure bet with all the changes.
Absolutely on a Sunday sweep. And don't be surprised if it is not tonight's sweep. I suspect they'll wait until all members have made their Select Privileges choices before running a bonus sweep. I think that ends on March 24. Plus, with all the other changes going on, they may need some time to recover before working on the bonuses.

There are also promotion bonuses to consider, in addition to the status bonuses.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No bonus yet as of this morning.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Nothing yet of this AM. I'm A75K and selected the bonus 75% miles as a feature.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
2013 flight bonus posted today for me, including a Jan 4 flight.

bawm
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:10 pm

My 75K , 75% flight bonus miles for flights since Jan 1st just posted

So I guess confirmed. Sunday sweep on bonus miles as latest time to post.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Just got a bunch of 2013 SE 100K FLIGHT BONUS posted.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by xLuther
My 75K , 75% flight bonus miles for flights since Jan 1st just posted

So I guess confirmed. Sunday sweep on bonus miles as latest time to post.
Same here.

Just still waiting for double mile promo miles on YYZ - SYD in Jan to show up now... (on a totally unrelated note). But these seem to take a few months, from previous experience with status bonus miles promo in October 2012...
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Same here. ^

So, as of this moment, 2 things have worked perfectly with Altitude 2013:

- eupgrades posted within 24 hours following selection
- 75% bonus posted 3 pm Eastern Time including all flights back to 01JAN2013

Still awaiting:

- membership card
- lounge passes
- Star Alliance airline names to be fixed on the Altitude website
- Preferred Seat selection glitch fixed so I dont have to call in to agents and get placed on hold for anywhere between 20 to 60 minutes on the new E75K line
- allow us to press any key to bypass the dreadfully long message, blah, blah, blah when calling in on the E75K line and likely all TT lines, a waste of my time
- discounts that apply to ALL Y fare levels and not just Tango ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.