Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
For E50K gift, instead of roll over 2500 AQM, why not give option of rollover 5 segments? E75K allow roll over 10 segments?
Perhaps if enough of us ask them this question, they might offer it...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Can you have more than one SE100K in the bank?

In other words, if you hit the 250K threshold two years in a row, are you guaranteed two years of “free” SE afterwards?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Can you have more than one SE100K in the bank?

In other words, if you hit the 250K threshold two years in a row, are you guaranteed two years of “free” SE afterwards?
Yes, the intention is to allow banking every year you hit 250K AQM, until you no longer qualify for SE.
gabdusch likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Yes, the intention is to allow banking every year you hit 250K AQM, until you no longer qualify for SE.
And if you hit 3MM they’ll convert all those to points? Although one images not AP points beyond June 2020 ...
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jc94

And if you hit 3MM they’ll convert all those to points? Although one images not AP points beyond June 2020 ...
Yes, that is the intention. You will receive 75K Aeroplan (or equivalent) miles for each year of banked SE.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:40 pm

Two posts says do not accrue to MM program. Is that inferred from the earned
/ promotional rule?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by lallied
Two posts says do not accrue to MM program. Is that inferred from the earned
/ promotional rule?
I am not completely sure that I understand your question. Are you asking if I assumed that the roll over miles don't accrue to the MM program? If so, no, it was not an assumption.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:39 am

Asking whether it’s written down anywhere that they are not, or an inference based on they are ‘promotional’ or not ‘earned’. Am likely not looking in the correct spot for rules.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:50 am

Asking whether it’s written down anywhere that they are not, or an inference based on they are ‘promotional’ or not ‘earned’. Am likely not looking in the correct spot for rules.
This is what AC says in their MM program. Bolding is mine.

"Fly more than one million Lifetime Altitude Qualifying Miles on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and you'll become part of this distinguished group. AQMs which are eligible for this program are those earned on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and its regional affiliates (such as Air Canada Express) since 1988.

Additionally, AQMs earned as a bonus for purchasing Business Class fares, or in conjunction with the purchase of an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass, will count towards this program. Note that all other AQMs, including those earned for travel operated by the Star Alliance member airlines, do not qualify."

To be sure, I consulted with the Customer Loyalty Manager prior to posting my reply.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:05 am

Yup, that’s why I say inferred. That language quoted was before the new threshold rollover AQMs but the inference is reasonable and you confirmed with someone from AC which was my question, albeit seemingly opaque. Thx.

Last edited by lallied; Apr 7, 2018 at 3:05 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Do subway stamps count towards MM status? Should I seek clarification? Or do I need to make a dangerous inference that, not being listed, they do not count. Additionally, what is the stamp to mile conversion ratio?
lallied likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:36 pm

Oh, how witty.

They are AQMs that are only AQMs for certain things.

I
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
This is what AC says in their MM program. Bolding is mine.

"Fly more than one million Lifetime Altitude Qualifying Miles on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and you'll become part of this distinguished group. AQMs which are eligible for this program are those earned on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and its regional affiliates (such as Air Canada Express) since 1988.

Additionally, AQMs earned as a bonus for purchasing Business Class fares, or in conjunction with the purchase of an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass, will count towards this program. Note that all other AQMs, including those earned for travel operated by the Star Alliance member airlines, do not qualify."

To be sure, I consulted with the Customer Loyalty Manager prior to posting my reply.

Dare I ask about double AQMs on the comfort fares. They are ‘earned’ on flights. But I suspect fall into the ‘all other don’t count’. ??

Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:24 am

Dare I ask about double AQMs on the comfort fares. They are ‘earned’ on flights. But I suspect fall into the ‘all other don’t count’. ??

The promotional AQM do not qualify for the MM program. I guess they are handled like the bonus AQM on a FP purchase.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This is fun. Due to CO fares and EYW, I'm on track to hit 215k this year. I guess I'll need a SFO-Asia via YYZ in paid J to get my banked SE status.

The 40k rollover AQM will be nice too.
Diabeetus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.