Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by vernonc
For S100K are these rollover miles cumulative ? So if you hit 200K it is 15k+25K ?
and previously this would have been 70k?

and to do this mid travel year...seriously AC?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by vernonc
For S100K are these rollover miles cumulative ? So if you hit 200K it is 15k+25K ?
That is how i have read it- yes.

So at 200K AQM you will accrue 40K Rollover Miles and 40K Aeroplan miles (instead of 70K Aeroplan miles like previous years)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by skybluesea
While generally have NO time to respond outside extended breaks, if I understand correctly, AC has removed the long-standing Threshold Gift program well into 2018, with the promise of a few rollover miles? Having been SE for 13 straight years, and MM for 5 years appears, on face value, this is major (dis) enhancement

So last year in reaching +250K, received 145K BONUS AP miles in total over various thresholds.

Please help - is this GONE!

Or am I mis-reading the email I just received.
You are not mis-reading- you are correct!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:57 am
alc

here is the wording on the AC web site on these Rollover AQM:

Receive Rollover Altitude Qualifying Miles that will provide you with a head start on earning Altitude status in the next qualification year. Rollover Altitude Qualifying Miles will be credited in January 2019 and count towards achieving Altitude status in the 2020 program year. Altitude Qualifying Miles are also Bonus Aeroplan Miles that will bring you closer to flight rewards to over 1,000 destinations worldwide with Air Canada and Star Alliance member airlines. You can also redeem your miles for various merchandise, electronics, activities and more. Visit aeroplan.com for more information on how to use your miles.
so, no only if you get less, they don't credit to you until next Jan. Although they didn't mentioned it, but I would think these will be count toward ACMM status.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
New Altitude Threshold Program with "Rollover AQM"

Woke up to an email from AC introducing a new Threshold Program for 2018:
From the email:

"We are excited to introduce the new Altitude Threshold Gift program for 2018.
The construct of the program remains the same, but we’ve added some unique gifts designed to keep your Altitude status soaring. Here are the new gifts you can look forward to:
​​​​​​​ROLLOVER ALTITUDE QUALIFYING MILESTo help you get a head start in the 2019 qualification period, you’ll receive a gift of Rollover Altitude Qualifying Miles. These miles will give you a boost to get you closer to the next level of status for Altitude 2020. Altitude Qualifying Miles are also Aeroplan® Miles, which can be redeemed for a range of Aeroplan Rewards.
BANKED ALTITUDE SUPER ELITE 100K STATUSDesigned to let you keep taking advantage of the benefits you know and love, enjoy the gift of Banked Altitude Super Elite® 100K status. This gives you the benefit of an automatic year extension of Altitude Super Elite 100K status the first year that qualification criteria haven’t been met."

I think this change is for the better, but it's a little disappointing that the "Rollover Miles" are not also Rollover Segments.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
so, no only if you get less, they don't credit to you until next Jan. Although they didn't mentioned it, but I would think these will be count toward ACMM status.
I highly doubt it.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Sorry, just realized that this is already being discussed in the official Threshold Gift thread. Mods, feel free to delete or merge this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by marke190
Sorry, just realized that this is already being discussed in the official Threshold Gift thread. Mods, feel free to delete or merge this.
And just as I was about to guide you to this post from yesterday, lol

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29472559-post198.html
marke190 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by marke190
Woke up to an email from AC introducing a new Threshold Program for 2018:
From the email:

"We are excited to introduce the new Altitude Threshold Gift program for 2018.
The construct of the program remains the same, but we’ve added some unique gifts designed to keep your Altitude status soaring. Here are the new gifts you can look forward to:
ROLLOVER ALTITUDE QUALIFYING MILESTo help you get a head start in the 2019 qualification period, you’ll receive a gift of Rollover Altitude Qualifying Miles. These miles will give you a boost to get you closer to the next level of status for Altitude 2020. Altitude Qualifying Miles are also Aeroplan® Miles, which can be redeemed for a range of Aeroplan Rewards.
BANKED ALTITUDE SUPER ELITE 100K STATUSDesigned to let you keep taking advantage of the benefits you know and love, enjoy the gift of Banked Altitude Super Elite® 100K status. This gives you the benefit of an automatic year extension of Altitude Super Elite 100K status the first year that qualification criteria haven’t been met."

I think this change is for the better, but it's a little disappointing that the "Rollover Miles" are not also Rollover Segments.
I never seem to receive these e-mails from Altitude...
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I never seem to receive these e-mails from Altitude...
Check your Aeroplan and AC opt-ins.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by yvr76
It's a pity that the 125,000 SE threshold is now gone. Would have been nice to get 5000 rollover AQMs for that.
What 125,000 SE Threshold ?
Plumber likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Hmm.

Should be a great deal for some high volume segment runners (grandbend??)

earn $40 cash back per segment (via $2k gift card) for going from 250 to 300 AQS.

then earn $80 cash back per segment (via $4k gift card) for going from 300 to 250 AQS.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by alc
here is the wording on the AC web site on these Rollover AQM:

They do not accrue to the MM program.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by skybluesea
While generally have NO time to respond outside extended breaks, if I understand correctly, AC has removed the long-standing Threshold Gift program well into 2018, with the promise of a few rollover miles? Having been SE for 13 straight years, and MM for 5 years appears, on face value, this is major (dis) enhancement

So last year in reaching +250K, received 145K BONUS AP miles in total over various thresholds.

Please help - is this GONE!

Or am I mis-reading the email I just received.
You are reading it correctly. However, if you continue to earn in excess of 250K AQM, the additional 40K AQM should push you to the 300K AQM threshold level, earning you 2K in a visa card. In addition, as you bank the annual SE extension and, in 10 years you hit 3MM, instead of the SE extension, you will have earned 750K Aeroplan, or Altitude redemption miles.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
For E50K gift, instead of roll over 2500 AQM, why not give option of rollover 5 segments? E75K allow roll over 10 segments?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.