Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Based on my experience, it is indeed possible to select your threshold gift in Jan. for a threshold crossed in (late) Dec.

I was actually pleasantly surprised the Altitude website was capable of handling it without any issues.
Shocker of shockers, the 2500 bonus AQM's posted on Friday, and when I logged into the Altitude site it asked me to select my threshold gift. As suggested, my only choice was 25,000 AP miles, but hey, I'll take them.

Two days later the 25,000 miles are in my account. Props to AC for that one! (Props for AC, get it? I kill me.... )
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
(Props for AC, get it? I kill me.... )
AC IT disavows all knowledge of props. Georgian, Jazz, Exploits do not exist.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Looks like some major changes this year for the Altitude Threshold program:

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/threshold-gifts

I like the "Banked SE100K Status" option at 250K.

I also wonder if the rollover miles offered at various levels stack up.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gabdusch

I also wonder is the rollover miles offered at various levels stack up.
Great catch.

Even the rollover AQM is a nice touch, it's like a default lower AQM re-qualification level.

It looks like, as in the past, only:
- E50k get the 2.5k rollover @60k AQM
- E75k get the 5k rollover @90k AQM
- SE100k get the 15k rollover @150k AQM

Too bad they don't rollover AQS & AQD.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by gabdusch

I also wonder if the rollover miles offered at various levels stack up.
Major changes indeed...thanks for the headsup!

These thresholds no longer include redeemable miles. I guess if they did, everybody would complain that there is no time to redeem these miles. I would have liked to have had the choice either way.

With the advent of the $20K AQD requirement for SE, these rollover miles are generally not worth much. Certainly not worth the 65K redeemable miles you would have gotten in the past for getting to 200KAQM. . These rollover miles should come with a corresponding % reduction in AQD requirements

So, if you get to 250 AQM, you will get 40,000 AQM towards next years status plus one year banked of SE.

I hope next year that the program give redeemable miles bonuses in the new Altitude currency.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Plumber
Major changes indeed...thanks for the headsup!

These thresholds no longer include redeemable miles. I guess if they did, everybody would complain that there is no time to redeem these miles. I would have liked to have had the choice either way.

With the advent of the $20K AQD requirement for SE, these rollover miles are generally not worth much. Certainly not worth the 65K redeemable miles you would have gotten in the past for getting to 200KAQM. . These rollover miles should come with a corresponding % reduction in AQD requirements

So, if you get to 250 AQM, you will get 40,000 AQM towards next years status plus one year banked of SE.

I hope next year that the program give redeemable miles bonuses in the new Altitude currency.
True, but it also means you get a big head start on accumulation of eUps and threshold gifts for next year. If you start the year with 60k miles, thats a pretty significant reward. I agree it would be nice to have a choice, but since I have more miles than I can burn before the end of the program, I am inclined to think that I value the rollover miles more.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
True, but it also means you get a big head start on accumulation of eUps and threshold gifts for next year. If you start the year with 60k miles, thats a pretty significant reward. I agree it would be nice to have a choice, but since I have more miles than I can burn before the end of the program, I am inclined to think that I value the rollover miles more.
Thats a good point about the eUpgrade thresholds....But from where I stand, that is the only benefit of the rollover miles for me.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:52 pm

These thresholds no longer include redeemable miles.
I have re-read the T&Cs.... These Rollover AQM are ALSO Bonus Aeroplan Miles and are redeemable.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I have re-read the T&Cs.... These Rollover AQM are ALSO Bonus Aeroplan Miles and are redeemable.
Yes, the change is that the redeemable miles also count for AQM.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Those last 50K AQM from 300K to 350K are pretty valuable with that $4K Visa card. If one is already swimming in Aeroplan miles at that point, as I suspect many of you are.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Those last 50K AQM from 300K to 350K are pretty valuable with that $4K Visa card. If one is already swimming in Aeroplan miles at that point, as I suspect many of you are.
Last year it was a 4K AE card. Yes, it is a nice bonus!
Plumber likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:12 am

Just received an email about this from AC......

Plumber

We are excited to introduce the new Altitude Threshold Gift program for 2018.

The construct of the program remains the same, but we’ve added some unique gifts designed to keep your Altitude status soaring. Here are the new gifts you can look forward to:

ROLLOVER ALTITUDE QUALIFYING MILES
To help you get a head start in the 2019 qualification period, you’ll receive a gift of Rollover Altitude Qualifying Miles. These miles will give you a boost to get you closer to the next level of status for Altitude 2020. Altitude Qualifying Miles are also Aeroplan® Miles, which can be redeemed for a range of Aeroplan Rewards.

BANKED ALTITUDE SUPER ELITE 100K STATUS
Designed to let you keep taking advantage of the benefits you know and love, enjoy the gift of Banked Altitude Super Elite® 100K status. This gives you the benefit of an automatic year extension of Altitude Super Elite 100K status the first year that qualification criteria haven’t been met.

The more you fly with Air Canada and Star Alliance® member airlines until December 31, 2018, the more Threshold Gifts you’ll receive. Enjoy your travels.Learn more
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
While generally have NO time to respond outside extended breaks, if I understand correctly, AC has removed the long-standing Threshold Gift program well into 2018, with the promise of a few rollover miles? Having been SE for 13 straight years, and MM for 5 years appears, on face value, this is major (dis) enhancement

So last year in reaching +250K, received 145K BONUS AP miles in total over various thresholds.

Please help - is this GONE!

Or am I mis-reading the email I just received.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It's a pity that the 125,000 SE threshold is now gone. Would have been nice to get 5000 rollover AQMs for that.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
For S100K are these rollover miles cumulative ? So if you hit 200K it is 15k+25K ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.