Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I have ZERO incentive to fly AC after hitting 100,000, and despite trying to avoid them, clocked in at 130,000. All you get is crap incentives, and e-uprade certificates that expire in Feb of the next year. So after hitting 100K in July, I maxed out my burn of Aeroplan points, and did quite a few Delta and American flights.

ZERO incentive. I know there was a good amount of my cash they didn't get as a result.
For me it was 50% this, and 50% tango fares. Because who cares. Even with 2MM status in the next few years, I just can't get motivated to give my business to AC any more than mandatory. I hit 100k on Aug. 1st, and will probably not be over 130k on the year, and I am flying just as much after August as before. Whatever, AC doesn't get it. It isn't my job/problem to explain it to them.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Altitude SE, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Threshold Gift Problem

Hello all

I just passed the 90k threshold and was offered 15k Aeroplan miles or a year subscription to Low Jack. On the Altitude site, no matter which I select the "Order my Gift" button won't click. I've tried multiple browsers and different computers. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE
Same

I have the same issue. No luck after multiple attempts. Bit frustrating
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It also depends how much flying you're doing.

If you're going to fly 140k, is it really worth crediting 40k to another program?

If we're talking 300k, that's very different. Top status in multiple alliances is useful.
Depends on what you are looking for. I routinely try and get BA silver for lounge access on OneWorld flights (though the model is Tier points not miles, but you can get it for 40k usually)
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Choosing threshold gift when crossing threshold Dec 30?

Despite my best efforts to the contrary I will hit 150k with a december 30 flight. Has anyone had experience with "choosing" a threshold gift post-reset of the annual counter (as I am sure the flight will post 5-6 days into the new year)? I am sure only the miles are left, but I wouldn't want to leave them on the table....
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Only 75K Aeroplan points remaining for the 250K Threshold Gift.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by YULforever
Despite my best efforts to the contrary I will hit 150k with a december 30 flight. Has anyone had experience with "choosing" a threshold gift post-reset of the annual counter (as I am sure the flight will post 5-6 days into the new year)? I am sure only the miles are left, but I wouldn't want to leave them on the table....
You will still be given the opportunity to choose, once your flight posts.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Only 75K Aeroplan points remaining for the 250K Threshold Gift.
yes, mine posted this morning,and had 75K choice only....
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
Only miles left at 300k level as well
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by Ziptie
Only miles left at 300k level as well
Seriously, the logic of this practice is absurd.

Often turns out that AC best fliers only get a choice of more miles at end of year - given the history of the Aeroplan program, cannot some basic projections be done in June, and again September on how many travelers likely to reach each threshold?

Then re-stock can be done, or even be more imaginative with offers such as weekend in NYC, etc...

Easy to treat best fliers badly when times are good...never lasts so how is AC preparing for downturn...apparently don't believe it will happen.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
I suspect ther may be only one of each choice at the higher levels. Last year I did quite well but this year the gift cards disappeared quickly.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Crossing the threshold levels before October 15th, you have a good selection to choose from. After that, tough.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ziptie
I suspect ther may be only one of each choice at the higher levels. Last year I did quite well but this year the gift cards disappeared quickly.
With that in mind, I apologize to the rest.
Ziptie likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by YULforever
I am sitting at 149,000 AQM's with my monthly UFP allotment on Dec 31st. Waiting for my bonus 25% AQM's to post to put my over the 150k threshold. Although it looks like my only choice is 25,000 aeropesos.

We'll see if the bonus AQM's, which should be dated Dec 31st, actually triggers the threshold gift for 2017. Like YULforever, I am skeptical....
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I am sitting at 149,000 AQM's with my monthly UFP allotment on Dec 31st. Waiting for my bonus 25% AQM's to post to put my over the 150k threshold. Although it looks like my only choice is 25,000 aeropesos.

We'll see if the bonus AQM's, which should be dated Dec 31st, actually triggers the threshold gift for 2017. .
Based on my experience, it is indeed possible to select your threshold gift in Jan. for a threshold crossed in (late) Dec.

I was actually pleasantly surprised the Altitude website was capable of handling it without any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.