Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold gifts for Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just called, and they said it should be "deposited" in a few days. I assume something will show up similar to how the select benefits do.
What did you choose?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
What did you choose?
The option to choose will be deposited. No choice has been made yet.

But I'm thinking points, because I think they're worth more, and most of my purchases are FPs (no GCs allowed), and I'm sitting on 9 GCs/eCoupons of various values (from like $25 to $1000), and you can only use two FOPs per booking.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:29 pm

Back on the phone, long hold, blah blah blah...

They confirmed I qualify, but they have no idea why I don't have the selection available. They sent an email, so hopefully it shows up someday
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:24 pm

I called again on the 28th. Blah blah blah we can see there's a request out blah blah blah I'm sure it will happen in a few days.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:38 pm

That's one way of doing it I guess...

yyznomad, painintheuk and YYC3722 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: AC SE
I found the select button on the under the 300K. After I click it, it keeps refreshing and never let me choose.

I just reached 350K, but the button for that has not pop up yet.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:55 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Kiddason
I found the select button on the under the 300K. After I click it, it keeps refreshing and never let me choose.

I just reached 350K, but the button for that has not pop up yet.
With this being your first post, welcome to FT

And congrats on an impressive flying performance!
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:54 am

Where was the button for 300?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
With this being your first post, welcome to FT

And congrats on an impressive flying performance!
Thanks, I was only reading before. Think I need to reply this one last night.

Where was the button for 300?
I am told I need 5 posts to send picture haha.

I see the button when I am moving the threshold gift on my status.
it only shows on my 300K one, not 350K, maybe because I just reached 350K

So if you just reached 300K, you may need to wait couple days.

I did call in try to choose the gift, but they maybe just reset the gift for me. So I recieved the email told me I am able to choose the gift on my dashboard.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 5, 2021 at 11:27 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I am very interested to see how this going to work for 2022. It is looking like I am going to finish the year just over 200K SQM. With the status extension, rollover, jumpstart, etc, it appears I will start 2022 with just over 325K. How the thresholds are awarded will likely be fascinating, if not a frustrating, way to watch AC IT in action.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:52 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I am very interested to see how this going to work for 2022. It is looking like I am going to finish the year just over 200K SQM. With the status extension, rollover, jumpstart, etc, it appears I will start 2022 with just over 325K. How the thresholds are awarded will likely be fascinating, if not a frustrating, way to watch AC IT in action.
I am not sure why they would change it next year given extension/rollover madness. If I were them I'd keep the exact same program and just call 2021 one very long year (e.g. if you earned a threshold for 300k in 2021 you don't double dip.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by yowcat
I am not sure why they would change it next year given extension/rollover madness. If I were them I'd keep the exact same program and just call 2021 one very long year (e.g. if you earned a threshold for 300k in 2021 you don't double dip.
That would be a very large reward for people who flew less, and a penalty for those who flew more. Just consider someone who actually flew 350k in each of 2021 and 2022 - your suggestion penalizes them substantially compared to a regular year.

They've explicitly said this will all count for thresholds next year though, so it's a moot point.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:47 am

That would be a very large reward for people who flew less, and a penalty for those who flew more. Just consider someone who actually flew 350k in each of 2021 and 2022 - your suggestion penalizes them substantially compared to a regular year.

They've explicitly said this will all count for thresholds next year though, so it's a moot point.
Looks like I missed that. So since I will finish the year at 59 SQS, I will cross the 60 SQS threshold after only 1 flight in the new year?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by caziz
Looks like I missed that. So since I will finish the year at 59 SQS, I will cross the 60 SQS threshold after only 1 flight in the new year?
Yes that should be correct.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM

Perhaps the change is they are moving the threshold from SQM to SQD which would push the focus back to BIS activity vs BIS+CC activity. Although it's not clear to me what they are trying to encourage.

So assuming it is SQM next year and similar threshold reward targets. For people such as us who have almost all crossed the thresholds possible if they don't reset to zero you are penalized somewhat anyway? And if they reset to zero the person who posted they hit 59 of 60 is?

Anyway - I don't think there is a win win situation here.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 27, 2021 at 8:57 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.