Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lots of complaining, but for me, AC has done everything they said, any one else ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of complaining, but for me, AC has done everything they said, any one else ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exbayern
Lots of boarding confusion from the GAs at CDG (in terms of SE/E vs the new terminology) but to be fair what appeared to be higher ups were standing behind them, guiding them in the 'new' language and pointing things out on the screen. And all signage was changed at CDG by the program changeover.
had not thought of the "new language" being used at airport.Interesting^
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: QFWP; HH Diamond
us airways

Originally Posted by xLuther
US Airways is dead man walking as far as Star Alliance with the AA merger. I don't fly them so don't care but I would now avoid if I did as there is good chance they will mess up any miles you earn on them
I had 4 flights with them in the last 2 days. Be very sure to check your BP that your AC number and *G is on there. It took several attempts at check in each time, kiosk, desk and lounge.

It seems that the US IT isn't talking too nicely to AC IT atm.

I'm waiting to see how long the miles take to credit............
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by xLuther
I got my cards "week of Feb 25th" Check
Website up and running March 1 Check
Selected my benefits March 1 Check
Current status shows up correctly on new site Check
Past years activity correct and listed on new site Check
e upgrades with 2014 expiry still in account Check
Got my card on time, and was able to select my benefits as E50. But that's all moot, as the new pricing scheme and overabundance of Tango will almost certainly make me fly UA.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cirqueboy
I had 4 flights with them in the last 2 days. Be very sure to check your BP that your AC number and *G is on there. It took several attempts at check in each time, kiosk, desk and lounge.

It seems that the US IT isn't talking too nicely to AC IT atm.

I'm waiting to see how long the miles take to credit............

I've flown US Airways four times since the merger announcement and gotten my miles correctly each time. However, they have no record of my *G status and without the E50K card I wouldn't get anywhere with them. Any thoughts about who I should call to straighten this out? Is it an Aeroplan problem? Air Canada problem? US Airways? Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: AC E, BA Bronze, HHonors Gold

Made it to E50. Got card two weeks before Mar. 1. Flew this week to Europe with AC, SN and SK. Everything went fine, lounge, upgrades, etc.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Piss, meet Moan. Everyone whined for the past 12 months how this would be a gongshow, and it has arrived as a gongshow. 90% of those posting in this thread "knew" that it would be ugly and posted incessantly about it since the program change was announced.

They did what they said, it was insufficient on so many levels, but the did what they said. OP is right, tried to put a slightly positive spin, but was hijacked. Too bad. But, soon there will be something else to whine about, and all will slide to the next...

Me, I'm still waiting for everyone to bail to another program. Most haven't yet, if the aerolotto numbers say anything about it. When are you all going to learn that, unless you leave, no change will happen. I'm staying, since the whole points game will soon die due to devaluation and I'm not willing to do the work to change.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
Piss, meet Moan. Everyone whined for the past 12 months how this would be a gongshow, and it has arrived as a gongshow. 90% of those posting in this thread "knew" that it would be ugly and posted incessantly about it since the program change was announced.

They did what they said, it was insufficient on so many levels, but the did what they said. OP is right, tried to put a slightly positive spin, but was hijacked. Too bad. But, soon there will be something else to whine about, and all will slide to the next...
Hmm, so we should just be happy that met our expectations and produced a gong show? Wouldn't this have been a good time to get things right and exceed our expectations?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:43 pm

The OP must be a relation of AC employees.

Today I was twice denied privileges as a 50K Elite member, hence *G status. Boarding passes come up as *S, which was my status last year. 10 days after launch, Air Canada has not informed partners!!!!!

Been playing phone tag between Air Canada and Aeroplan for 2 hours trying to get it fixed.

What is wrong with you people?

This is not hard. Who is working in your IT department? A high school chess club?

AC is not providing the benefits that were outlined in its agreements. Compensation should be provided, and this should be taken seriously.

Instead we have some Stockholm Syndrome apologists quacking on how wonderful their experience was...utterly cracked.

Last edited by tcook052; Mar 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm Reason: content
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sierra1972
AC is not providing the benefits that were outlined in its agreements. Compensation should be provided, and this should be taken seriously.
I believe compensation will be provided to the AC execs for a job well done. ^
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sierra1972
The OP must be a relation of AC employees.
No, not a relation, simply someone who posted what happened truthfully

Last edited by tcook052; Mar 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm Reason: content
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I believe compensation will be provided to the AC execs for a job well done. ^
God I hope not. I received my card a few days past the 01MAR2013 deadline and only incompentence can explain the delay in the send out for all cards, not just my E75K card.

As I mentioned in another thread, fulfillment targets ALWAYS require padding for delivery delays with Canada Post et al. This means an additional 10 days at a minimum would have remedied the vast majority of the delayed cards. Perhaps AC staffers believed in the wonderful and pretty delivery timeline spreadsheet their fulfillment contractor showed them, however, as a 4 Star Airlines, cough, cough, they should have had 1 or 2 people that spoke up in the group and said "what if?". The VAST majority of us would have all of our 2012 flown Status Miles post my 10JAN2013 so started the clock right then and if there are tier level changes post-10JAN2013 then deal with them on a case by case basis.

The second issue is the e-upgrade credits. If the new and improved program starts 01MAR2013 then all of the e-upgrades should have been in our accounts for 01MAR2013 travel as of the earliest window which would have been 22FEB2013.

The third issue, where E75K preferred seats were not programmed properly so the website wanted an extra $90 per segment and they have months to plan for this switchover.

Those are my 3 biggest beefs with the Altitude roll-out and they could have all been avoided with some planning ahead.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
SE-MM - Received my cards on Friday March 8 while I was out of the country. I wonder how much this debacle cost AC and if anyone has been fired.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel

As I mentioned in another thread, fulfillment targets ALWAYS require padding for delivery delays with Canada Post et al. This means an additional 10 days at a minimum would have remedied the vast majority of the delayed cards. Perhaps AC staffers believed in the wonderful and pretty delivery timeline spreadsheet their fulfillment contractor showed them, however, as a 4 Star Airlines, cough, cough, they should have had 1 or 2 people that spoke up in the group and said "what if?". The VAST majority of us would have all of our 2012 flown Status Miles post my 10JAN2013 so started the clock right then and if there are tier level changes post-10JAN2013 then deal with them on a case by case basis.
Be charitable. Perhaps their mail room got flooded again this year?

The second issue is the e-upgrade credits. If the new and improved program starts 01MAR2013 then all of the e-upgrades should have been in our accounts for 01MAR2013 travel as of the earliest window which would have been 22FEB2013.
Actually I don't understand the rationale for delaying benefit selection until end of February. Why? Maybe they decided that they needed the time to process all late credits, appeals and the like? Was this really better than the process in previous years? I don't think the change to the new levels and new benefits really affected that? Indeed by Jan 1, all these things had been defined already.

Anyway, the feeling one gets is that the operation involves very few people, that it is run in an amateurish way. Hence the problems, delays and difficulties. And these few people apparently needed all that time to get things ready?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by uni3052
Made it to E50. Got card two weeks before Mar. 1.
I don't believe you.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My wife's E35K package arrived on Mar 1.
My S100K package arrived on Mar 5.

Both of us had emails re: select privileges package on Mar 1.
I chose the select benefits package benefits that evening.

I got credit for bonus (100%) miles by Mar 3. Maybe a day or two later, I got the eupgrade credits for 2 flight passes I bought this year.

Both she and I chose the lounge pass option (again on Mar 1). Let us see when they arrive in the mail.

One outstanding benefit - see link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ion-level.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.