Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lots of complaining, but for me, AC has done everything they said, any one else ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of complaining, but for me, AC has done everything they said, any one else ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
My E35k card came while I was traveling. It was sitting on the table when I returned. No issue there. I was able to enter the website and select everything with no problems. I haven't received the email but who cares. The website is dis-functional with an iPad but works fine on a PC. I was in IAD this morning on a paid J to paid Y connection (no J on the connecting flight) and was able to enter the lounge on my 2012 card and the Y boarding pass. Pretty good as I don't have access this year as E35K. I guess AC really did speak to their partners and explained the problem. I am not sure if this will work next week but its probably good for a few days anyway.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by xLuther
I got my cards "week of Feb 25th" Check
Website up and running March 1 Check
Selected my benefits March 1 Check
Current status shows up correctly on new site Check
Past years activity correct and listed on new site Check
e upgrades with 2014 expiry still in account Check

Only thing left is to see if e upgrades show up 24-48 hours after selecting

So far, AC has done what they said they would do and everything is working

I guess I will go book some flights now.
I appreciate you trying to put a positive (ok, less than disastrous) spin on things because I try to be much the same way. However, to suggest that this launch wasn't anything other than a mess is disingenuous.

The communication from Air Canada has been sporadic at best, the site is full of bugs for some of us (myself included) and a whole whack of E35s won't have their lounge access privileges for at least another 4-6 weeks. And that's besides the fact that many folks don't have their stupid "pieces of plastic" (as another poster referred to them elsewhere) and run the real risk of being turned away from lounges halfway around the world.

Has the world ended? No, but "everything is working" is far from an accurate statement.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
-No SE card yet in BC. Multiple long haul, int'l flights this week.

-Website continuously logs me out, instantly. Cannot select and receive my credits.

-Only reason I could upgrade my flight home from SCL this evening was due to bugging actoptier to figure out something with upgrade points. They did however come through here by "loaning" points. However, I could only do it a few days out as I did not have the points at the 7 day window. Playing the lottery tonight. We'll see if I have things in time for HNL on Tuesday.

With a little more forethought, AC could have made this relatively painless for everyone involved.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Deleted

Last edited by VoodooYYC; Mar 1, 2013 at 3:02 pm Reason: Question answered in another thread.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Worked good here ..I think I knew what to expect through the communication I have received . Card is at home and was able to select via IPad even with the crapppy wifi here at the lounge in DAR.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: QFWP; HH Diamond
I haven't got my card yet (E75) but I haven't been home for several weeks and won't be there for a few more weeks yet.

Everything else was as they said it would be.

Got the email today, logged in 1st time, selected my privileges. All good to go.

What's the fuss then?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:10 am
Original Member

For the first time in a very long time, I had no problems whatsoever. No late deliveries, no missed upgrades due to some screw up, no upgrade certificates with a 6 week expiry, no enhancements, and particularly no enhancements with a well hidden trap door.

I was promised exactly nothing, and that's exactly what I received.

While I take no joy in this whole mess (and rather feel bad for those that get burned) I am relieved to be free of the whole damn thing.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: AC.SE
Was able to select my benefits, but still don't have new card etc.

Tried to enter promo code for rapid access to FPC platinum status in my profile on FPC site--says code is invalid.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Package was delivered the week of the 25th, haven't received the email yet, but have selected privileges by going to the site directly. As long as I can get into the lounges before I have card in hand I will be happy with the transition.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:09 am

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Nice little pot-stirring, XLuthar*

No card etc package arrival by COB 2nd March local (repeatedly promised 'by' 1st March) - CHECK

AC tells us for sure they sent our SE100K kits AFTER all the others - CHECK

No availability of eUps for travel 1/2 March - CHECK

E-mail for selection of Select privileges week of Feb 25th - CHECK - 4am on the last day of that period (2nd March). A WIN FOR AC! YAY!

Refused access at Air NZ lounge in MEL on 1 March due to no 'valid' *A card - CHECK

Refused selection of friend for E50K because she already was 50K or higher (which she certainly is not) - CHECK

Select privileges (100% bonus miles) backdated to 24th January, not 1st January - LIKELY CHECK

Typos and errors on website (eg "All Nippin Airways") - CHECK

How am I going, cobber?

* spelling courtesy of Air Canada
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Less than 24 hours, e upgrades selected are in my account Check

Only thing left now is MLL passes selected, not the best system for 21st century IMO but it is what it is
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:47 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
What about all the things that AC does that they DIDN'T tell you about? That has been the primary issue with AC forever.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: OnePass, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Dorian
What about all the things that AC does that they DIDN'T tell you about? That has been the primary issue with AC forever.
Such as?

Rebooking their TT members when a flight goes mecanical without them having to call? Because they do that about 20% of the time.

Max
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by KCOLLIS
Still waiting for cards in NL, Check
New site asked 100 times for password, Check
Still don't know what 'travel options' means so can't select anyway, Check
Still no online access for folks using TA's, Check
I'm in NL, have my card & have accessed the website & chosen my privileges without a problem. Agree on the no access to bookings online, incl the change tool for TA bookings. That sucks big time.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good job AC Altitude

As promised, I was able to pick my package yesterday and all the E-credits I selected are in my account ,likely overnight.

Life is good,the world did not end, no reports of "blood on the floor" and the sun is still shining.

Still winter though at YSB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.