Wiki Posts
Search

Waitlisted to MUC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriot Lifetime Platinum Elite
Waitlisted to MUC

Finally able to use upgrades for an overseas flight on Feb 18 yyz-MUC flight 9513
I requested the upgrade and it said waitlisted. I'm sure this is fairly standard. As an SE, I was hoping for an auto upgrade that I normally get on domestic flights.

Is this normal for overseas flights? Is there anyone with one of those fancy tools that has more information regarding availability?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
This is normal for ALL flights these days.

BTW, AC9513 is MUC-IST and I don't believe AC846 flies that day. So, maybe you want to clarify?

You should move to Feb 17 if you want YYZ-MUC upgraded, space available right now.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorian
This is normal for ALL flights these days.

BTW, AC9513 is MUC-IST and I don't believe AC846 flies that day. So, maybe you want to clarify?

You should move to Feb 17 if you want YYZ-MUC upgraded, space available right now.
Sorry it was AC 872 to Frankfurt and is slated for Monday. I was on the MUC flight for Sunday but had to change it. Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by shareski
Sorry it was AC 872 to Frankfurt and is slated for Monday. I was on the MUC flight for Sunday but had to change it. Thanks
Only three J seats on 872 for Monday. Pretty slim odds.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:37 pm

This is the availability right now:
J3 C0 D0 Z0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9 R0

Only J3 so your chances aren't too good... But you never know. Once it was showing J0 and I got upgraded at the gate.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Check in at exactly 24hours before departure to maximise your chances. As an SE, you're ahead of all Es, and it comes down to fare class and check in time (except for a few mysteries around connecting flights inward).
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
(except for a few mysteries around connecting flights inward).
... except for a few mysteries around agents who upgrade other staff
... except for a few mysteries around agents who are too lazy
... except for a few mysteries around agents who don't care
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:02 pm

Now J1. Looking bad.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:11 pm
k22

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Originally Posted by Dorian
Now J1. Looking bad.
Change to flight AC 876... leaving a little later in the evening as it's currently J4 ....a lot less bad!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Fairly poor J class availability this coming Monday

As AC has is not operating or downgaged many Monday TATL flights through February and March, upgrades, especially out of YYZ and J space appears to be tighter than usual (somewhat better out of YUL to CDG or YUL/YYZ to LHR).

AC is not operating their YYZ-MUC, YYZ-ZRH, YUL-GVA this coming Monday and they have now cancelled YUL-BRU (which I was booked on and was counting on the easy upgrade with R9). 876 is also operating using a B763 (whereas it was scheduled as a 777 a few weeks ago)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by k22
Change to flight AC 876... leaving a little later in the evening as it's currently J4 ....a lot less bad!
Will that involve a price fare difference as well as change fee? Also connecting in FRA to IST but I wouldn't mind getting there a little later if if means executive. BTW, thanks for your time and knowledge.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Depends whether your change is as a result of a sked change on AC's part or a "voluntary" change. If a sked change, you do have options. There appears to be a routing via London and Vienna available and the 6:15pm departure to London appears wide-open in J (with upgrade space currently available).

Just as an FYI, the YYZ-LHR-VIE-IST routing is using OS (Austrian) flight numbers, so not sure if AC has the above as an eligible route but it does not hurt to ask (if sked change)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by shareski
Will that involve a price fare difference as well as change fee? Also connecting in FRA to IST but I wouldn't mind getting there a little later if if means executive. BTW, thanks for your time and knowledge.
Did the exact opposite last weekend. Changed from 876 to 872 for a better chance at an upgrade. (Concierge basically told us there was no hope of the ug clearing for the later flight because of misconnects.). So huntk and I sucked it up and paid the $100 change fee to take the earlier flight, and both our upgrades cleared.

We were also connecting to IST. If you take the later FRA flight, won't you misconnect on the IST flight?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Did the exact opposite last weekend. Changed from 876 to 872 for a better chance at an upgrade. (Concierge basically told us there was no hope of the ug clearing for the later flight because of misconnects.). So huntk and I sucked it up and paid the $100 change fee to take the earlier flight, and both our upgrades cleared.

We were also connecting to IST. If you take the later FRA flight, won't you misconnect on the IST flight?
Yes I'd miss it but would take the later flight into IST.

Also, the original flight I bought was a flight to MUC which no longer exists so AC changed me itinerary. Does that provide me with more power to change since they made the sked change?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by derekting
This is the availability right now:
J3 C0 D0 Z0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9 R0

Only J3 so your chances aren't too good... But you never know. Once it was showing J0 and I got upgraded at the gate.
Just installed KVS, I must be doing something wrong. I pull up the flights and go the the Upgrade/Awards Tab. How do I see availability and seat counts? Currently just see YS+ under availability. Would think double clicking the specific flight would pull up the details but that's not it. Probably a simple thing I'm missing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.