Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada green forms and fails

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Rewards Platinum AC SE100K, UA 1K
Angry Air Canada green forms and fails

Hello everyone
I'm a frequent lurker but definitely appreciate all the advice shared here.
I've been keeping a tally of every service failure so far this year.

I've logged 5 green forms, three concierge calls and a TV ticket. I would log all the pictures but it's a bit unwieldy.

http://www.rishiray.com/2013/01/17/a...ensation-form/

How has your 2013 been so far in business class?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
2 of them...

...one for IFE and one for a frozen meal.
No response for either one yet.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by naparima
Hello everyone
I'm a frequent lurker but definitely appreciate all the advice shared here.
I've been keeping a tally of every service failure so far this year.

I've logged 5 green forms, three concierge calls and a TV ticket. I would log all the pictures but it's a bit unwieldy.

http://www.rishiray.com/2013/01/17/a...ensation-form/

How has your 2013 been so far in business class?
Cool website!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:18 am

Welcome!
They’ve now failed to get me that meal on 12 out of 25 business class flights in the last year
You're running a higher average than I, and I'm doing it almost all longhaul.

To answer your specific question, I did have one issue YTD but was not given a green form (no meal, no power, long haul, Exec class) so followed up myself on line, and received a response within 48 hours with a 15 percent off future flight.

(And like you, I have had concierge confirm meal boarded, but no meal on board, many times in past)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Wow, that is quite a few service failures in a rather short period of time!

I am unsure as to whether posting all of the ´evidence´ so to speak on a website is all that wise though. Not sure why, but I get a feeling that AC and the defenders won´t be pleased. Just my 2 cents.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:44 am

OP, I will add though that the vast majority of the time I don't bother to follow up. I'll mention it in person when I can, but honestly it isn't worth my time to deal with every situation. (And I do know that means that they don't have an accurate record of how often these issues happen, because you and I have had similar issues, but at some point I just have to let it go)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Rewards Platinum AC SE100K, UA 1K
Hi everyone...
Well in the end, the only weapon we have is the power of social media/blogging and showing them up.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
I must be lucky... Never had to fill one out in many years of being SE!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Seven greens in last 1.5 years.
Six blues in last 1.5 years.

One each of them was for getting a bait and switch to an Amigo. I formally asked for both and the FA doled out both for all in faux J. (aka fail J)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: various
xxxxx

Last edited by YYZFlyboy; Feb 12, 2013 at 3:57 am
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy
I recently did a business trip to Australia and Asia ex YYZ, involving 5 different *A airlines. I was in J and all flights went off without a hitch except one - the last one of the trip, AC from PEK-YYZ - it was a disaster:

- AC staff in PEK were incredibly cold and rude
- Not one announcement in english, Mandarin only (had to approach desk each time to get details)
- Flight was delayed initially for "an hour" due to mechanical
- Over two hours later we boarded, sat on aircraft for a further two hours
- Once airborne we were told going to YVR instead of YYZ
- crew disappeared not to be seen for several hours
- At YVR we were kept on the aircraft (another 3 hours)
- Arrived in YYZ almost 8 hours late, having been on the ac for 18 hours.
- I felt sick in J so can't imagine what the economy cabin passengers felt like
- Bags were sent to domestic belt instead of International in customs, further delay in getting them back
- I took days to recover

AC offered a 15% flight discount
Did you eventually find out the reasons for the multi-fail?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Seven greens in last 1.5 years.
Six blues in last 1.5 years.

One each of them was for getting a bait and switch to an Amigo. I formally asked for both and the FA doled out both for all in faux J. (aka fail J)
What are the blue forms used for?

Do you actually get compensation for an Amigo being switched in for North America? Outside of an old plane, an no IFE, isn't it the same as NA J?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr76
What are the blue forms used for?

Do you actually get compensation for an Amigo being switched in for North America? Outside of an old plane, an no IFE, isn't it the same as NA J?
They are blue cards, the size of a business card. When the IFE does not work for you (i.e. blank screen, simply broken, etc.) then you get the blue card which has a discount code on it and instructions. Then AC gets back to you via email confirming the receipt of the blue card discount code... I usually get a 5% discount on a future booking.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
They are blue cards, the size of a business card. When the IFE does not work for you (i.e. blank screen, simply broken, etc.) then you get the blue card which has a discount code on it and instructions. Then AC gets back to you via email confirming the receipt of the blue card discount code... I usually get a 5% discount on a future booking.
When this occurs, I usually get green forms - $75 credit.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr76
When this occurs, I usually get green forms - $75 credit.
Interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.