Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Star Challenge" Promo on again 7Mar-10Apr 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Star Challenge" Promo on again 7Mar-10Apr 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonours Gold,
Originally Posted by heraclitus
+1

I guess one could go to Esso and Sobeys every day to buy a $10 gift card, but it sounds like a huge PITA considering an Amex application takes 10 minutes and gets you pretty much the same benefit.
Applying Amex does not work as you have to be the card holder before Feb. 25.
Also it is not 35 days, it is 30 days. Promotion period start Mar. 11 to Apr. 10. So no camping ESSO before next monday.

Also Star Alliance flight will be ok to buy before then, as long as you fly in the period, but only 3 star per partner "Regardless" how many segment you flew.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:42 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gateguard0
5 stars "for every Air Canada flight
segment when you book from March 11 to April 10, 2013 and fly from March 11 to April 30, 2013."

If I recall correctly, last year also included flights booked BEFORE the promo period.
Definitely do not like this rule, you need to book within this period. But for *S flights you can book before. So my 6 segements of AC in March will not be counted for as I booked them last month.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:43 am
alc
Original Poster

No AMEX MR again!!

No AMEX MR again. From T&C pdf:

Please note that while Membership Rewards® points from American Express
Cardmember accounts may be converted into Aeroplan Miles, their conversion is
not eligible for the current bonus promotion (“the Star Challenge”). This applies to
both Membership Rewards® Canada and Membership Rewards® U.S.
conversions.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: AC, UA, DL, BA, SPG
Originally Posted by Globex
I have a few flights during the period but they were booked a few months ago, and from the looks of it, they won't be eligible since they weren't booked during the period....
Same here, though I do have 3 *S segments.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:58 am

What do you think about gift cards on Apple Store bought on AE eStore?
It mentions that gift cards are not eligible for accumulation of aeroplans, but would they still count as a transaction and 2* for the challenge?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
not interested in earning MORE Aeroplan points especially where it takes any effort. I have decoupled links to things like Sobey's, Hilton etc where I now can get cash back and other rewards that are (right now) more valuable. It will take a lot more than a Star Challenge Promo to get me interested.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Wow, 20K + 5K miles? the game is ON!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:16 am
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Mods please merge this into the main Star Challenge thread?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Wow, 20K + 5K miles? the game is ON!
I was excited at first. But after reading the T&C knowing 25,000 miles is too good to be true...

Star Challenge "enhancement" brought to you by AP...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
2 stars: for every $1,000 spent in purchases on your CIBC Aeroplan-affiliated Credit Card from March 11 to April 10, 2013 (up to 10 Stars)

Sucks. Already spend ~$1000 this month and trying not to spend anymore.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:23 am

Do I read correctly that point program conversions are with no limit, per transaction?

Cause I can just convert 1 point from SPG, 100 times?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
I was excited at first. But after reading the T&C knowing 25,000 miles is too good to be true...

Star Challenge "enhancement" brought to you by AP...
+1. The limitations seem pretty heavy. $10 minimum at Esso? I only have so many cars and I only drive so much...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Globex
They have made it much more difficult this year, especially since you are only allowed to have 1 transaction per partner per day and minimum $10. No more camping out at Esso :P
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Clearly they learned from last year. No more 10*$3 transactions at Esso in one day!
Can't really blame them for this. I was thinking that last year whoever came up with the rules must have gotten fired.

This is the second consecutive promo where flights have to be booked in the promo period to be eligible.

Apparently this year you can track your stars directly from the site. A definitely improvement from last year where you had to call in!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
Can't really blame them for this. I was thinking that last year whoever came up with the rules must have gotten fired.

This is the second consecutive promo where flights have to be booked in the promo period to be eligible.

Apparently this year you can track your stars directly from the site. A definitely improvement from last year where you had to call in!
Well, *fired* is a strong word. The guy was probably a management type who's never been on the internet.

Now..... are SPG 1-point conversions eligible or not??
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by heraclitus
I guess one could go to Esso and Sobeys every day to buy a $10 gift card, but it sounds like a huge PITA considering an Amex application takes 10 minutes and gets you pretty much the same benefit.
SHHHHH... if you're doing 3 or more in a go 75k to 100k is definitely worth the work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.