FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan sucks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/14229-aeroplan-sucks.html)

canadaflyer Jan 15, 2002 7:52 pm

Aeroplan sucks?

Is it just me or does aeroplan suck? I mean it seems the mileage is much higher than say United. For example econ to asia is 75-95 while united is only 60k. India is 130k while united is only 80k. Also, the blackout dates on Aeroplan are way worst than AA, NW or United. What's up with that? The only good thing is that AC has 15k reward for short flights within Canada/US which is good for me. Also the aeroplan number is always busy or puts you on hold unless you're elite which is annoying as hell while United picks up in < 1 min. Finally most of the attendants are French and I have a hard time understanding what they're saying half the time.

FlyerAl Jan 15, 2002 7:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by canadaflyer:
Finally most of the attendants are French and I have a hard time understanding what they're saying half the time.</font>
Unfortunately we have the same problem with our Prime Minister http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Andrew Yiu Jan 15, 2002 7:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by canadaflyer:
Finally most of the attendants are French and I have a hard time understanding what they're saying half the time.</font>
That's totally untrue. I don't know what the hell you are trying to say but if you are having a hard time understanding them, then you need to learn some more English.

Super Larry Jan 15, 2002 8:49 pm

Canada Flyer,

I don't know where you wanna go with this but Empress is right. You better learn some English! I'm French speaking and when I call Aeroplan, I actually ask for service in English, as it is faster service than in my own langage (just gotta wait 40 minutes instead of 60)!!!. But I don't mind, since I can speak both langage!

If you wanna bash AC, fine (I think we all do here), but if you want to blame a portion of your problem with Aeroplan on the French langage, then you got a serious problem.

The stupidity at AC starts at the top, and as far as I'm concerned..his name is Robert Milton..and he doesn't speak a single word of French.

Super Larry Jan 15, 2002 8:53 pm

FlyerAl

"Unfortunately we have the same problem with our Prime Minister"

Guess what bud? I'm French, and I don't even understand what he is saying in French!! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

canadaflyer Jan 15, 2002 8:54 pm

If you speak French that's cool with me. I just said they shouldn't have thick French accents when giving me English service. I did push 1 for English after all. My English is perfect. My franglais is poor and I have no intention of improving it.

ALW Jan 15, 2002 8:55 pm

I believe that's FlyerAl's point.

There's a saying that the PM is "fluent in neither official language".

andrew

Andrew Yiu Jan 15, 2002 8:58 pm

If you speak French that's cool with me. I just said they shouldn't have thick French accents when giving me English service. I did push 1 for English after all. My English is perfect. My franglais is poor and I have no intention of improving it.</font>
I have NEVER had a problem understanding what the agent tries to tell me ever since I joined Aeroplan. I call the SE desk to do all my bookings and they are based in Montreal so most of them probably speak French.

In fact, that's got to be one of the worse complaints I've ever heard. My guess is that you are just piss off because you can't use your goldpoints on AC without status so you are trying to bash AC to death. It's one thing for you to be flying them regularly to bash them, it's another just thinking up of **** like this.

Andrew Yiu Jan 15, 2002 9:00 pm

Btw, I don't speak a word of French.

canadaflyer Jan 15, 2002 9:07 pm

Empress: no need for a fit. I'm just stating the truth: pricier rewards, longer hold times and agents that do Jean Chretien impressions.

If you got SE you're probably treated better and more power to you.

The post was about what the advantages of aeroplan is over something like United.

Andrew Yiu Jan 15, 2002 9:10 pm

If you got SE you're probably treated better and more power to you.</font>
Unfortunately, that's not always true especially these days. SE or not, that has nothing to do with you how you are having difficulty understanding the agents half of the time if you claimed that you have perfect English. They don't speak better english to me just because I am SE.

Super Larry Jan 15, 2002 9:15 pm

Canada Flyer,

so why don't you just keep flying UA if it so terrible to work with these poor French speaking girls in YUL? Nobody forces you to fly AC.

I agree with you the post is about benefits between UA and AC, However, I'm not the one who started the *****ing on the French...

MoreMiles Jan 15, 2002 9:16 pm

CanadaFlyer: I don't agree with your French-bashing. This is after all, a bilingual country.

This native land was once occupied by both French and English settlers, so everybody should get a piece of pie.

If I can hire a bilingual phone operator with same salary, why would I need to hire two operators?

It's simple, that's why most telemarketers are based in Montreal, c'est la vie.

When you go to US, it's still English and Spanish.. so just accept the cultural and language diffrence and try to blend in this multi-ethnic society.

canadaflyer Jan 15, 2002 9:18 pm

I don't know... maybe they get throw the ones that don't pass a TOEFL on the non-SE line.

Half the time is clearly an exaggeration but still I'm tempted to hang up and get another agent once in a while but then realize I'd have to wait another hour on hold...

Anyway getting back to the other complaints, why does AC have pricier rewards if they're Star Alliance? Can't you just make the AC points go to your United account then claim rewards for almost half off (i.e. 130k vs 80k)? SEs are nice since you don't get the blackout dates and automatic upgrades but for the rest of us, why stick with Aeroplan?

canadaflyer Jan 15, 2002 9:24 pm

Moremiles: I have no idea how you guys interpret this as "French bashing". If I press 2 and get the French line, I don't want some guy that speaks French as a second language either.

I mean the guys on the United line don't have thick Spanish accents when I press 1 for English instead of 2 for Spanish.

Anyway, since it was my last complaint in the list, it's just a minor irritation after being on hold for an hour that's all.