Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
But hopefully you got the right dinner and drinks
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I flew on Rouge YYZ-BOG in early March with a friend and it was Rouge. We sat in 13AC both ways and it was a long flight!
You have to remember the folks who fly on Rouge for leisure are annual or seasonal flyers, so many folks who do not know flying protocols, common sense and of course lots of screaming kids!

We had what I call our plastic meals, water etc. I think I did a write up on here as the Minister of Foreign Affairs Christina Freeland was sitting two rows ahead of us in 4A, so if Rouge is good enough for her and the Government of Canada it should be good for most folks.

Take the 767 and not the A310. The 767 has the 2 3 2 configuration so I find that much more comfortable when flying alone or with one other person. If no one is in the middle take the three seats, sit in the middle and there you can have a lie-flat bed if you are quick and the flight light!
CSB
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Flew Rouge for the first time last week YYZ <-> RSW. Evening flights. Southbound on Sunday, flight was quite full, with lots of kids. I had 34F and the middle seat was empty. Coming back on Wednesday flight was 1/2 full. No kids in sight. I had all 3 seats to myself in row 23.

None of the FAs seems to be under 25?

After years of read posts in the thread I had low expectations. Turns out it's much better. seat pitch was not a problem for me (5'10"), granted it's not a long flight.

Overhead bin was a bit of a problem but they asked people to volunteer for complimentary gate check well before boarding began. Apparently this is routine on this route. I didn't bring my Rimowa fearing it might be too big and needed to be gate checked.

In-flight entertainment using my low spec android note pad. Leaving YYZ, movies were played via the web browser and it worked flawlessly. Coming back, it required a player app. download. I guess a lot of people were doing that at the same time and it took forever. Movie playing was choppy.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:02 pm

Another of the big Rouge omissions on all their aircraft is the absence of available GPS maps anywhere on the plane. I can think of no other international flights that do not have GPS on the seatback or minimally somewhere on a screen in the cabin. Any thoughts? Am I alone in missing that feature?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Another of the big Rouge omissions on all their aircraft is the absence of available GPS maps anywhere on the plane. I can think of no other international flights that do not have GPS on the seatback or minimally somewhere on a screen in the cabin. Any thoughts? Am I alone in missing that feature?
It's available through your web browser when you connect to the entertainment system.
5mm likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:06 pm

but wouldn't that only be available if there is wifi.? How does that work if your flying international?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
but wouldn't that only be available if there is wifi.? How does that work if your flying international?
The Rouge streaming wifi entertainment system doesn't require internet to be available.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by HerpaYVR
I find these young kids to be more into themselves than looking after the passengers. There is not the same attention to passenger service as there is with mainline. These F/A are young and kids too so they are always chatting and talking about snowflake stuff.
May as well type it: "git off mah lawn!!!" Why is it usually the older folks who stoop to stereotyping and demeaning? I bet in their twenties, FT members born pre-1960 were equally insufferable, yet I have a feeling the current 'snowflakes' will grow past the stage that many here have yet to escape. Younger folks today are smarter with their discretionary spending though, and tend not to be enslaved by routine or a misguided sense of loyalty. They understand the corporation exists to serve the customer and not the other way around:
Trying to stay loyal to Air Canada you have no choice on some routes! I try so hard to avoid Rouge, but sometimes it's hard! It's like online dating, not getting what you expect and always going home alone, and unhappy!
Originally Posted by HerpaYVR
...the Minister of Foreign Affairs Christina Freeland was sitting two rows ahead of us
Chrystia

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
the i"n-charge" FA (or service director, or whatever it's called) on my Rouge B767 sector today celebrated his bday. ........... his 20th bday! ........ T W E N T Y.
Is this tacit recognition that many people are early achievers? I presume this is a point of comparison to oneself, perhaps at twenty, still bong drinking in a dorm somewhere.

Originally Posted by srklaw7
at least he wasn't flying the plane
Many of our RCAF fighter pilots are about that age, or not much older. They seem to be doing alright. Cognitive and physical reflexes are in their prime at that age. Sigh.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:36 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The RCAF, lawns, online dating and bongs all in one post. Wow!

@CZAMFlyer - I know it was not your intent, but you just made my Saturday. Thanks!
CZAMFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
I can't contribute much useful material in terms of Rouge itself; perhaps I can speak to other leisure aspects. Have a wonderful windy weekend, Bohemian.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: aeroplan 50K
Anybody know what is going on with BGI flights?

I have noticed an oddity with YYZ-BGI. Throughout the fall there are no return flights Tuesday-Thursday. This is odd because on some of those days, there is a departing flight. Since it is a turn around flight, this doesn’t make sense.

Is AC reducing service to Barbados?

(Called in and the agent didn’t know).
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:30 pm

Does anyone know what is happening to BGI flights?

I have noticed an oddity with YYZ-BGI. Throughout the fall there are no return flights Tuesday-Thursday. This is odd because on some of those days, there is a departing flight. Since it is a turn around flight, this doesn’t make sense.

Is AC reducing service to Barbados?

(Called in and the agent didn’t know).
Ingrid likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Do ACR/AC open up preferred seats for free closer to boarding? They were showing as costing money at T-24 when I checked in but when I just went again at T-4, it let me switch to preferred seats for free. Intriguing.

Flying status-less for this one.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Wouldn't fall be shoulder season for BGI and therefore not illogical to dial back service, especially midweek when fewer people probably want to leave for/come back from holidays?

I don't follow you on the lack of a return flight though. I looked at a bunch of Tuesday-Thursday dates - September 10-12, 18, and 24-26, October 10, 15-17, 24, and 29-31, November 6, 12, 19-21, and 28, and December 4 and 10-12. There's no YYZ-BGI or BGI-YYZ in the first few of those, but then once YYZ-BGI starts appearing, every day that there's YYZ-BGI, there's a return BGI-YYZ. I'll admit I didn't look at every date, but that's a pretty solid sample size and I didn't see a single example of what you're talking about...

Can you give a specific date or dates?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:23 am

Thank you for checking. While it does make sense to scale back, in 15 years of flying this route on and off season, I have always seen daily flights. It appears that the daily flights stop Sept 10 when there are no flights Mon, Tues, and Wed. Then start up again daily on October 17.

When I was checking last week, the weekday flights in early November were not showing. Today they are.

i must have gotten caught in the transition, for I see there is no issue now with turn arounds. Just surprised at the apparent schedule change.

thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.