Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by RangerNS
ISTR reports of WOW being relatively good, even in economy.

both
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/w...KY_WIN_DTR.pdf
http://wowair-web-files.s3.amazonaws...PA_GMA_JOY.pdf

seem to indicate that some seats were better than others. If they had time to do more than just replace the 2x2 seats with 3x3 then why wouldn't they have redone everything? If you can snarf something in the first 3 rows, I'd bet the legroom would be OK. No food, though.

Until we get first hand reports on what ACr has done to them, if your scared, be scared.
some of the seats do look good.....unfortunately you have no clue what you are getting via the AC app or website even when you use their seat maps because they don’t reflect the seating as shown on your two links. And when it comes to flights, I hate surprises.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Just noticed that YYZ-YFC is going from 4x Jazz Q400 /day down to 2x Rouge A319 starting July 1st.

It appears quite unusual to replace Jazz turboprop service with such an aircraft. No one can even pretend YFC is any kind of a leisure destination.
Either way the reduction in frequency and total capacity sucks and results in less convenient connection opportunities for those going east.
On the “bright” side it will be the first time YFC sees any kind of premium seat availability as long as I can recall.

Any similar routes also getting Rouged? Hardly seems economical to deploy an airbus vs a turboprop for a 2hr flight.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by pprrff

Any similar routes also getting Rouged? Hardly seems economical to deploy an airbus vs a turboprop for a 2hr flight.
Yep, YQM for starters. Many other routes are seeing whole/partial rouge conversions. Likely all a fallout of the 737MAX mess.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: AC 75K
There are a few 'regional' routes that are going to rouge. There have been changes like this previously, but only for summer...I believe these are now year round. YYZ-YQT, YQM, YQB, YFC, YYG, YUL-YYT

The other selective conversion of mainline routes to rouge are largely due to the 7M8 grounding - as already mentioned.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Is BOG considered an overseas destination or a Central American one? Considering YYZ-BOG on Rouge (in Y), would like to know what level of service to expect.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
There are a few 'regional' routes that are going to rouge. There have been changes like this previously, but only for summer...I believe these are now year round. YYZ-YQT, YQM, YQB, YFC, YYG, YUL-YYT

The other selective conversion of mainline routes to rouge are largely due to the 7M8 grounding - as already mentioned.
Where is all the Q400 capacity going to? Didn't Jazz just takeover regional operations from Georgian as well?

Not sure if it's still being updated but added YFC, YQB and YQM to the Wiki
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by pprrff
Where is all the Q400 capacity going to? Didn't Jazz just takeover regional operations from Georgian as well?

Not sure if it's still being updated but added YFC, YQB and YQM to the Wiki
They are removing all of their DH1s from service.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by NightFly
Is BOG considered an overseas destination or a Central American one? Considering YYZ-BOG on Rouge (in Y), would like to know what level of service to expect.

I flew on Rouge YYZ-BOG in early March with a friend and it was Rouge. We sat in 13AC both ways and it was a long flight!
You have to remember the folks who fly on Rouge for leisure are annual or seasonal flyers, so many folks who do not know flying protocols, common sense and of course lots of screaming kids!

We had what I call our plastic meals, water etc. I think I did a write up on here as the Minister of Foreign Affairs Christina Freeland was sitting two rows ahead of us in 4A, so if Rouge is good enough for her and the Government of Canada it should be good for most folks.

Take the 767 and not the A310. The 767 has the 2 3 2 configuration so I find that much more comfortable when flying alone or with one other person. If no one is in the middle take the three seats, sit in the middle and there you can have a lie-flat bed if you are quick and the flight light!
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Flew YVR-CUN on Rouge yesterday and I was upfront in the premium cabin. One other SE I notice also had no one sitting next to them which was nice.

I find these young kids to be more into themselves than looking after the passengers. There is not the same attention to passenger service as there is with mainline. These F/A are young and kids too so they are always chatting and talking about snowflake stuff. They love talking to other Rouge F/A traveling on their employee flight passes which appear to give them a free pass to the forward washroom, and special treats. We were left alone in the cabin for a full hour and they do not start serving based on status or fare ( Oh entitlement snob talk).

I fly home on Mainline J so I am looking forward to that. Perhaps it's me trying to hold Rouge to an unrealistic standard to mainline. Before anyone says it, Rouge is not Mainline and that is my struggle because of the Air Canada brand. The cost is no different so if you pay a premium price you expect a premium product. Yes Rouge makes money for AIr Canada and that is fine, I guess I just expect more.

Why do I fly Rouge you ask? Trying to stay loyal to Air Canada you have no choice on some routes! I try so hard to avoid Rouge, but sometimes it's hard! It's like online dating, not getting what you expect and always going home alone, and unhappy!

Anyways I prefer the 767 over the A319 or A321 because its a bigger aircraft, the 2-3-2 seat configuration and the 767 is old like me and it reminds me of the classic AIr Canada days!

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Apr 23, 2019 at 8:41 am
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards

I will continue to be salty about the poor connection timing to many regional airports come May and July. 2-3x frequency is pretty crappy for managing connections to TATLs, DOM, and US, so you end up with 1 of only 2-3x dailies being at stupidly early times like 0500, while also waiting around at YYZ for 4-5 hours...

I also suspect all these new Rouged regional routes will wreak havoc with rouges OTP given its fleet size. I suspect turn-around times will not be sufficiently padded, and the LCC-style hopping between different places will compound for some nice delays.

But hey, people who fly once a year on these routes will be happy they have have a slightly larger seat because of Premium Rouge.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by D404
I also suspect all these new Rouged regional routes will wreak havoc with rouges OTP given its fleet size. I suspect turn-around times will not be sufficiently padded, and the LCC-style hopping between different places will compound for some nice delays.
While I know that rouge's OTP leaves a lot to be desired, they are adding 6 A320s and 4 A321s this year. Although the A321s seem to be used to replace some of the 7M8 capacity.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
While I know that rouge's OTP leaves a lot to be desired, they are adding 6 A320s and 4 A321s this year. Although the A321s seem to be used to replace some of the 7M8 capacity.
Most of these regional routes seem to be A319, as expected. They were probably planning to use the A320 for some of the former A319 routes I guess, before the 7M8 stuff happened. This is armchair speculation, of course.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:14 pm

the i"n-charge" FA (or service director, or whatever it's called) on my Rouge B767 sector today celebrated his bday. ........... his 20th bday! ........ T W E N T Y.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
the i"n-charge" FA (or service director, or whatever it's called) on my Rouge B767 sector today celebrated his bday. ........... his 20th bday! ........ T W E N T Y.
So?
ffsim, yyckerr and RangerNS like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
at least he wasn't flying the plane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.