Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Flying Premium Rouge this summer from LIS to YYZ. Most of the reviews here are older. Has anyone had recent experience.? What can I expect?
You may want to check out this thread:

Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:44 pm

I am trying to find non-rouge service to Orlando in July. Is AC1262 from YOW the only option? Or are there any other AC mainline or AC express flights to MCO?

TNX
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In J, it'll be identical aside from the IFE.
I'd have to disagree with that. "Premium Rouge" on the 763 is nothing like NA J on AC ML or even "Premium Rouge" on the 319 / 321. The seat dimensions are closer to (preferred) Y than J, the overhead bins are tiny, the crew : pax ratio is poor and the overall experience is rather absymal IME.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Mar 25, 2019 at 9:43 am Reason: add spaces
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd have to disagree with that. "Premium Rouge" on the 763 is nothing like NA J on AC ML or even "Premium Rouge" on the 319 / 321. The seat dimensions are closer to (preferred) Y than J, the overhead bins are tiny, the crewax ratio is poor and the overall experience is rather absymal IME.
I'll take your word on the seat dimensions. I know the bins suck on the 763, but I've never had an issue when up front.

Crew ratio is the same on every flight.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd have to disagree with that. "Premium Rouge" on the 763 is nothing like NA J on AC ML or even "Premium Rouge" on the 319 / 321. The seat dimensions are closer to (preferred) Y than J, the overhead bins are tiny, the crewax ratio is poor and the overall experience is rather absymal IME.
ACr 763 "J-eh" ? product is as you describe it. Tight,uncomfortable, and for the most part ,not much bin space. FAs tend to grab a good chunk of the overhead bin for their roll ons to make it worse.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by sokolov
I am trying to find non-rouge service to Orlando in July. Is AC1262 from YOW the only option? Or are there any other AC mainline or AC express flights to MCO?

TNX
YOW is mainline for sure, the only other I can think of is AC1218 YHZ
sokolov likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'll take your word on the seat dimensions. I know the bins suck on the 763, but I've never had an issue when up front.

Crew ratio is the same on every flight.
For the crew ratio to be the same (or similar) there would need to be two dedicating FAs servicing the "Premium Rouge" cabin on the 763. Is that the case?

It's admittedly been a while, but the last time I flew Rouge on the 763, there was only one dedicated FA in J servicing 24 pax. Compare that with the 12-14 J seats on most other AC narrowbodies, and it shouldn't be a surprise that service tends to be less impressive on the 763s (unless AC has recently upgraded the service / staff : pax ratio in J)
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
For the crew ratio to be the same (or similar) there would need to be two dedicating FAs servicing the "Premium Rouge" cabin on the 763. Is that the case?

It's admittedly been a while, but the last time I flew Rouge on the 763, there was only one dedicated FA in J servicing 24 pax. Compare that with the 12-14 J seats on most other AC narrowbodies, and it shouldn't be a surprise that service tends to be less impressive on the 763s (unless AC has recently upgraded the service / staff : pax ratio in J)
On my Rouge B763 flights last month (South America), there were two FAs dedicated for the PY cabin. However, my beef with international Rouge flights is that usually, at time of check-in, I am amongst the very few passengers who actually pay for PY. When the flight closes, because the back is often oversold, FOTSGs get upgraded to the front cabin and then ask for free booze and chat all flight. I almost always needed to sleep with my noise-cancelling headphones on.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: AC MM+
Originally Posted by YYT82

On my Rouge B763 flights last month (South America), there were two FAs dedicated for the PY cabin. However, my beef with international Rouge flights is that usually, at time of check-in, I am amongst the very few passengers who actually pay for PY. When the flight closes, because the back is often oversold, FOTSGs get upgraded to the front cabin and then ask for free booze and chat all flight. I almost always needed to sleep with my noise-cancelling headphones on.
100% what happened on 1813 from CUN. was Premium cabin was booked 8/24, a few SE and myself SEM in the back. Flight boards, minutes after, Premium cabin fills with passengers that had GTE on their boarding passes. Absolutely unacceptable. Another reason to always go mainline or other carrier, NEVER Rouge.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mamau
100% what happened on 1813 from CUN. was Premium cabin was booked 8/24, a few SE and myself SEM in the back. Flight boards, minutes after, Premium cabin fills with passengers that had GTE on their boarding passes. Absolutely unacceptable. Another reason to always go mainline or other carrier, NEVER Rouge.
This has nothing to do with Rouge and everything to do with the CUN GAs. Since these seats are sold as J on the CUN flights, the same would happen with a mainline flight.

Lazy GA is what this is.
tcook052 and RangerNS like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Has also happened to me, stuck in the back on an e70 DFW-YYZ. I grant that that wasn't ML either, but the ground crew is contract, not from Georgian.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AC MM+
Originally Posted by 172pilot

This has nothing to do with Rouge and everything to do with the CUN GAs. Since these seats are sold as J on the CUN flights, the same would happen with a mainline flight.

Lazy GA is what this is.
Ok, contract ground crew is responsible for this. Who's responsible for the ground crew and which company did I have a contract with, Rouge. Rouge is looking the other way on this so I don't agree. You see very little of this on mainline, Jazz or Georgian. They know better and get slapped if caught being lazy when reported.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Ok, contract ground crew is responsible for this. Who's responsible for the ground crew and which company did I have a contract with, Rouge. Rouge is looking the other way on this so I don't agree. You see very little of this on mainline, Jazz or Georgian. They know better and get slapped if caught being lazy when reported.
From my own data points, ML is just as bad regarding contract staff, IMHO.
Exploitation details can be heard at the YVR DO on April 6.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
From my own data points, ML is just as bad regarding contract staff, IMHO.
Exploitation details can be heard at the YVR DO on April 6.
Sorry, @mamau, ground staff is ground staff. Rouge tends to leaf outports, and less picky PAX, and thus less picky AC head office suits, but even DFW (which j can't imagine visiting unless you are getting paid) has the same less attentive GAs as the vacation destinations more typically served by Rouge.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Flying Rouge International on 763. I know the IFE are not seatback. Silly question but anywhere on the plane are there GPS maps indicating plane location?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.