Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Is there a difference between Rouge Premium when...

When I booked my LAS and HNL flights from YYZ on Rouge in Rouge Premium both showed as business class with a 50% bonus on status miles, etc.

When I booked my Bogota BOG flight it showed as Premium Economy.

On my flight from BOG to YYZ this past Sunday night (10/1/2017) on AC1945 I was seated in Rouge Premium. There was the standard Premium Economy amenity kit but instead of the nice pillows that I've had on the HNL flights it was the same pillow Economy had.

There were no menu's given out, no welcome from the SD (I don't even know who that was as no one in Premium Rouge had a name tag on), they didn't go to the SE's first for their order.

It was a 6+ hour flight and they came out with a meal tray, no table cloth and one drink. We ate/drank within the first hour of the flight. That was it. No more drink service, no snacks - not even water service. For 4 1/2 hours five crew members sat in the J galley and complained about everything. Their job, Their hours. Their benefits. 4 hours in I went up and asked if they had any chips or anything. One girl actually rolled her eyes at me! They went and dug out some chips and gave me a bag.

What I'm wondering is - was it like this (aside from the complaining) because it's marketed as Premium Economy and not Business Class? i.e. crap pillows, only a meal, no snack and one drink service for a 6+ hour flight? Or was this just a bad experience I should let Customer Service know about? I'm only an SE but there was a SE MM next to me - you would think they might at least welcome him and ask what he wants for dinner first.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Similar service to what I had on the HNL rou last year. It’s basically a red eye from HNL to YVR and the incessant chatting in the galley was irritating. Can’t remember about the pillow.

I would add no pass thru with water either. I seem to recall economy got water during the flight.

Curious, did you get 150% mileage credit?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Posts merged.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Similar service to what I had on the HNL rou last year. It’s basically a red eye from HNL to YVR and the incessant chatting in the galley was irritating. Can’t remember about the pillow.

I would add no pass thru with water either. I seem to recall economy got water during the flight.

Curious, did you get 150% mileage credit?
Nope... 125%. I had booked 4 YYZ-HNL flights for December yesterday but based on the research I've cancelled within the 24 hours. Rouge is a joke -
I was hoping that was just a one time thing but looking thru the web it's not a one time incident.

I re-booked with United as they have a YYZ-IAD-HNL with lie flat beds. AC's price was $8k+ CAD and I booked on United for $5100 CAD.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Yes there is a difference, Premium Rouge is marketed as Premium Economy on international flights (eg BOG) but as Business on North American flights. It doesn't excuse the poor service you describe but the service standard is different than mainline business class on international flights.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by sjhanlon
Nope... 125%. I had booked 4 YYZ-HNL flights for December yesterday but based on the research I've cancelled within the 24 hours. Rouge is a joke -
I was hoping that was just a one time thing but looking thru the web it's not a one time incident.

I re-booked with United as they have a YYZ-IAD-HNL with lie flat beds. AC's price was $8k+ CAD and I booked on United for $5100 CAD.
As a data point, I got 150% so that (125%) is a shift. Enjoy the lie flat. Certainly miss AC using lie flats to/from the islands. Rouge is brutal on those itineraries.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
YYZ-HNL is J, and therefore 150%.
YYZ-BOG is PY, and therefore 125%
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
YYZ-HNL is J, and therefore 150%.
YYZ-BOG is PY, and therefore 125%
The fact that AC don't consider flying to a different continent an international flight disturbs me.

I know NA is considered "domestic" or PY here, but does this definition extend to the entire South American continent? I mean they consider SCL a TPAC based on the copay?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jc94
The fact that AC don't consider flying to a different continent an international flight disturbs me.
I think you have it exactly backwards.

AC does consider BOG to be "international", therefore Premium Rouge is considered as "premium economy" (whereas in NA Premium Rouge is considered as "business class")
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I think you have it exactly backwards.

AC does consider BOG to be "international", therefore Premium Rouge is considered as "premium economy" (whereas in NA Premium Rouge is considered as "business class")
Ah yes. Excellent point ^
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:14 am

The wiki at the head of this thread says that the link between Yul and FCO is a Rouge route, but when I try to reserve a seat for next july on Air Canada website it's regular Air-Canada that is show (a330). Anyone can say
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by tostaky
The wiki at the head of this thread says that the link between Yul and FCO is a Rouge route, but when I try to reserve a seat for next july on Air Canada website it's regular Air-Canada that is show (a330). Anyone can say
IIRC it is being switched from rouge to mainline for 2018.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to report that I had a very positive experience with Premium Rouge, YUL-ATH, ATH-YYZ. Very professional, attentive, and friendly crews.

Just one thing that I found odd was that ATH-YYZ arrived 42 minutes late, though we left on time. I wonder how that may have happened, bad headwind (usually on long flights, even when departing late, it's possible to make up the time and catch up)? And what I thought was very strange was that no mention of this late arrival was made during the flight, and no apology for the late arrival either.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by sjhanlon
When I booked my LAS and HNL flights from YYZ on Rouge in Rouge Premium both showed as business class with a 50% bonus on status miles, etc.

When I booked my Bogota BOG flight it showed as Premium Economy.

On my flight from BOG to YYZ this past Sunday night (10/1/2017) on AC1945 I was seated in Rouge Premium. There was the standard Premium Economy amenity kit but instead of the nice pillows that I've had on the HNL flights it was the same pillow Economy had.

There were no menu's given out, no welcome from the SD (I don't even know who that was as no one in Premium Rouge had a name tag on), they didn't go to the SE's first for their order.

It was a 6+ hour flight and they came out with a meal tray, no table cloth and one drink. We ate/drank within the first hour of the flight. That was it. No more drink service, no snacks - not even water service. For 4 1/2 hours five crew members sat in the J galley and complained about everything. Their job, Their hours. Their benefits. 4 hours in I went up and asked if they had any chips or anything. One girl actually rolled her eyes at me! They went and dug out some chips and gave me a bag.

What I'm wondering is - was it like this (aside from the complaining) because it's marketed as Premium Economy and not Business Class? i.e. crap pillows, only a meal, no snack and one drink service for a 6+ hour flight? Or was this just a bad experience I should let Customer Service know about? I'm only an SE but there was a SE MM next to me - you would think they might at least welcome him and ask what he wants for dinner first.
So I got a response back from Customer Relations... if it was a pre-canned response it was a really good one. I actually felt like they cared. I told them I didn't need any aeroplan points or discount codes... I just wanted them to report the crew. They still gave me Aeroplan points. They said all Premium Rouge flights should have the following (Domestic, US and International - no matter if marketed as Business or Premium Economy):

· Choice of complimentary meal
· Aeroplan status mileage accumulation (125% or 150% depending on fare)
· Priority check-in and boarding
· Maple Leaf Lounge access (where available)
· Complimentary iPad
· Welcome beverage before departure
· Hot towel service with meals
· Divider curtain
· Dedicated washroom
· Pillow and blanket
· Premium snack, mid-flight bar and snack offerings

It looks like I just had a bad crew.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I agree it sounds like a bad crew, and bad leadership of the crew. The thing that bothers me most about rouge is I cannot tell who the service director is. They do not seem attired differently the way they are on mainline. Sometimes there is a person whose deportment suggests they may be a crew lead, but it would really help to have the service director/lead visibly differentiated so that when we do have poor service, we could address it with someone at the time if we chose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.