Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Another reason to book only after my upgrade window opens!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
As of May 1, they changed YQT-YYZ from 5-6 x Q400 to 3 x A319/A321. I flew it for the first time last week, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised - comfortable seats, free pretzels, streaming entertainment, and 25% shorter flight time.

If you normally fly mainline I guess it might be a bit of a downgrade, but for those of us used to the Jazz level of "service" it's a big improvement. My only complaint is that I bought an upgrade at check-in ($128 with tax) but all they served was warm nuts and drinks. I was hoping they'd have some snacks or even a small meal plate like I've had in J on routes of similar length.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Arcanum
As of May 1, they changed YQT-YYZ from 5-6 x Q400 to 3 x A319/A321. I flew it for the first time last week, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised - comfortable seats, free pretzels, streaming entertainment, and 25% shorter flight time.

If you normally fly mainline I guess it might be a bit of a downgrade, but for those of us used to the Jazz level of "service" it's a big improvement. My only complaint is that I bought an upgrade at check-in ($128 with tax) but all they served was warm nuts and drinks. I was hoping they'd have some snacks or even a small meal plate like I've had in J on routes of similar length.
Yet another positive Rouge experience.......... in J.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

I wonder if any "upgauge" from QK to Rouge means basically larger seat, PDB, hot towel, and alcohol/nuts in terms of in-flight J service (which I agree is a bit of a letdown). If this is a consistent thing, then good to know for future. I would have had the same expectations as you, especially for a flight that is slightly longer than say, YYZYUL.

What time was your flight at, btw?

Added: Having yet to fly rouge, I assumed based on anecdotal posts that J in-flight service is similar/same to mainline.

Last edited by yyznomad; Jun 4, 2019 at 10:43 am Reason: Added the "Added"
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver

Given the horrible schedule of these (6:00, 10:40, 17:10) I fail to see how it is an improvement: with no mid-pm departure it’s no longer possible to connect into the early TATL flights, or to another poorly scheduled Rouge destination ŕ la YQB, without considerable wait. The flights are 20mins shorter but still habitually late so again I fail to see how this makes a difference. Overall AC now forces pax to and from YQT to travel at the convenience of AC, rather than at the most convenient time for the pax: Heavens forbid you should have a late meeting in YQT.

This new roll-out will simply drive pax to Porter (6x daily on weekdays) or WJ (3x daily, including a 7pm start on weekdays).

The saving grace of the Q400 sched was the frequency, which gave lots of options.

(One more incentive to shun AC ex-YQT in the cancellation of the YEG service, meaning no way of getting to Western Canada without first backtracking to YYZ.)
D404 likes this.

Last edited by respectable_man; Jun 13, 2019 at 9:29 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Yesterday was my first time on a all Y Rouge flight. I must have missed reading about this. Rouge A321 all Y class MCO-YYZ.
I picked a preferred seat in the exit row and predictably most of the hot food was sold out by the time they got to Row 21. No pizza, pangoa, fruit/cheese, roast beef sandwich.

Last edited by vernonc; Jun 14, 2019 at 11:11 am
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vernonc
Yesterday was my first time on a all Y Rouge flight. I must have missed reading about this. Rouge A321 all Y class MCO-YYZ.
I picked a preferred seat in the exit row and predictably most of the hot food was sold out by the time they got to Row 21. Np pizza, pangoa, fruit/cheese, roast beef sandwich.
If you pre-buy the menu combo they serve you first. Save money and get your choice of the menu...win-win!
Symmetre and canadiancow like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards

They served a snack salmon and stuff when I was in J on May 1st.

I still prefer more frequency and a departure lounge that isn't overcrowded.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DaveTO
If you pre-buy the menu combo they serve you first. Save money and get your choice of the menu...win-win!
I know. But this flight was a work flight booked thru corp booking engine (Egencia) which does not have that option.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Can you call in and "add-on" the PR-07 option?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
I picked a preferred seat in the exit row and predictably most of the hot food was sold out by the time they got to Row 21. No pizza, pangoa, fruit/cheese, roast beef sandwich.
Probably a reason why AC/RV/QK SOP makes the SD charge J pax or give the "reason" that they need to feed Y with the Y-catered or BOB-catered food... because they never have enough loaded anyway.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Probably a reason why AC/RV/QK SOP makes the SD charge J pax or give the "reason" that they need to feed Y with the Y-catered or BOB-catered food... because they never have enough loaded anyway.
It is worse on RV because the plane if full of FOTSGs. I brought a nice chicken avocado sandwich, chips & a soda that I bought at a restaurant on my last RV flight a week ago. The people in the adjacent seats were giving me the death stare as they picked over whatever crap was left on the food cart by the time it got to the exit row. On a mainline tcon I think frequent fliers know better than to rely on BOB
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Rouge bird that @yyznomad and I flew to YQB. A320, fin 243

The calm before the mayhem. Also nicer than the nasty rouge 321 with the Recaro leather-ish seats.

Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Rouge bird that @yyznomad and I flew to YQB. A320, fin 243

The calm before the mayhem. Also nicer than the nasty rouge 321 with the Recaro leather-ish seats.
Just realized my Premier Rouge flight YZZ-YYJ next week has changed from 767 to A320. Usually going from Widebody to single-aisle would be a bummer, but judging from comments on this forum I suppose thats actually a good thing ;-)
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: AC 35k
That A320 looks nicer than I remember. Are these new frames or retired mainline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.