Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
I'm confused, is all yyz-las going rouge? I go there twice a year, for work. Might start shopping around for different carriers if its all rouge.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
from airlineroute.net

New Air Canada rouge Routes:
Toronto – Las Vegas eff 27OCT13 10 weekly 767-300 service (reduced from 14 weekly Mainline A319 service)
AC1851 YYZ0855 – 1051LAS 763 D
AC1853 YYZ2025 – 2221LAS 763 457

AC1852 LAS1145 – 1902YYZ 763 D
AC1854 LAS2320 – 0637+1YYZ 763 457
54 min turn on a 260 seat 767!? Just the pressure AC's OTP needs.

While I won't be on it, it's the best chance for this route. Can't depart YYZ too early as you'll need connections from 6a YYZ-bound Cdn flights.
On the return, you need to get into YYZ asap to keep all possible connections alive.

I will never understand any PAX ex pre-clear airport connecting in YYZ enroute to USA. It's completely illogical on many levels
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Swarez
I'm confused, is all yyz-las going rouge? I go there twice a year, for work. Might start shopping around for different carriers if its all rouge.
Yes it is. 10* 767 weekly with evening southbound flights Thur, Fri and Sun

Comfort aside, it really is the perfect LAS schedule and will free up valuable A321s for LAX, YVR, YYC etc
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Yes it is. 10* 767 weekly with evening southbound flights Thur, Fri and Sun

Comfort aside, it really is the perfect LAS schedule and will free up valuable A321s for LAX, YVR, YYC etc
AC wants Rouge to expand to four cities. So after YYZ and YUL is done, YVR and YYC are the next logical ones on the list.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
YYZ - LAS : 200 AQM miles on Flex and 700 on Latitude, which works out to around 10% status miles for Flex and 35% for Latitude.

I'm not sure that the intended market segment on this route really cares, and that is the point, no?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:25 pm

AC wants Rouge to expand to four cities. So after YYZ and YUL is done, YVR and YYC are the next logical ones on the list.
Are they Rogueing Hawaii?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:32 pm

Agree. Though I think we're talking a couple years

I didn't mean positioning the A321s ex YYC and YVR, I meant AC could operate them more often on YYZ-YVR/YYC/LAX where they can make up some of their CASM gap vs. WS with more efficient a/c
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by sp4294
I'm not sure that the intended market segment on this route really cares, and that is the point, no?
Vegas is probably one of the Rouge destinations that is both leisure and business. There are a lot of conferences, conventions and exhibitions there.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:25 pm

Vegas is probably one of the Rouge destinations that is both leisure and business. There are a lot of conferences, conventions and exhibitions there.
LAS business does not compare w/ LAX/SFO business. Z fares to LAS support the lack of high yield business. Much like MCO - majority not "real" business if that makes sense. Hence, MCO gets all-Y 319
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:34 pm

LAS business does not compare w/ LAX/SFO business. Z fares to LAS support the lack of high yield business. Much like MCO - majority not "real" business if that makes sense. Hence, MCO gets all-Y 319
I don't have an issue with lack of Z fares or business class. If AC does not think they can sell J, then they certainly should not offer it just so Altitude members can upgrade.

I have an issue with Flex Rouge fares, that are priced the same as the competition and AC mainline that offer 10% AQM for distance traveled. It's insulting.

I probably care more because I do at least 1 or 2 trips a year to leisure routes and pay for J. Going forward if I do Premium Rouge, not only do I lose the COS bonus but I don't even get close to 100% AQM.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by sp4294
Are they Rogueing Hawaii?
patience, patience... give it time
Hawaii would be perfect for rogue, its already amigo'ed.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:45 am

I don't have an issue with lack of Z fares or business class. If AC does not think they can sell J, then they certainly should not offer it just so Altitude members can upgrade.

I have an issue with Flex Rouge fares, that are priced the same as the competition and AC mainline that offer 10% AQM for distance traveled. It's insulting.

I probably care more because I do at least 1 or 2 trips a year to leisure routes and pay for J. Going forward if I do Premium Rouge, not only do I lose the COS bonus but I don't even get close to 100% AQM.
That is my issue too. As a business traveler to LAS what is my benefit to staying on AC now? If business travelers are only 10% of the market, OK I get the desire to just drop us as it probably makes economic sense. Smaller seats, no screens, no FF benefit, same price. Not all that appealing.

Maybe I will start looking at United and connect through ORD or stick with AC and go though YYC.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 7:32 am

That is my issue too. As a business traveler to LAS what is my benefit to staying on AC now? If business travelers are only 10% of the market, OK I get the desire to just drop us
I travel to LAS 3-5 times a year. Half the trips are "business". There is no difference in my ticketing habits.
When you travel to LAS on business, do you buy a Biz seat?
If you just buy Y and your employer expects lowest fare, AC can now compete with the only other n/s option out of YYZ over in T3
Old Jun 26, 2013, 7:48 am

I travel to LAS 3-5 times a year. Half the trips are "business". There is no difference in my ticketing habits.
When you travel to LAS on business, do you buy a Biz seat?
If you just buy Y and your employer expects lowest fare, AC can now compete with the only other n/s option out of YYZ over in T3
Its not the biz seat that is the concern, its the aeroplan/altitude benefit.
I have purchased flex tickets in past as they were a need, sometimes I have purchased tango. They have essentially taken the benefit of flying AC out of this route for business travelers. I understand they are doing this to take on West Jet, but if you completely alienate business travelers which AC supposedly focus' on long term are business travelers going to stick with the airline.

Does anyone know if Altitude benefits such as Checked bags, priority boarding, lounge access (I assume this is a given) will be there for Rouge flights?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Its not the biz seat that is the concern, its the aeroplan/altitude benefit.
I have purchased flex tickets in past as they were a need, sometimes I have purchased tango. They have essentially taken the benefit of flying AC out of this route for business travelers. I understand they are doing this to take on West Jet, but if you completely alienate business travelers which AC supposedly focus' on long term are business travelers going to stick with the airline.

Does anyone know if Altitude benefits such as Checked bags, priority boarding, lounge access (I assume this is a given) will be there for Rouge flights?
Bingo. My biz travel is all NA. Plus at least 3 holidays (Mexico/Carribbean/US) sometimes 1 of which is TATL. My company pays Flex. All my Cdn travel (mostly YYZ-YVR) is AC. US travel is 50% non-AC because of costs or routing. Now any travel to the US that is on a rouge sector will move to UA or AA as I need the status miles. Eventually if the only benefit of AC/AP is the scarce upg on the YYZ-YVR route I may move to UA for upg to E+ and easier redemption of miles without scamcharges. Or to Oneworld where I have gold status. I have 500K AP and its time to burn them which is no easy task since they only make sense redeeming on carriers that have no scamcharges and in J. Example Y flight YYZ-BOM uses 100K miles and approx $750 in YQ or I can buy a ticket for $1400 on TK. And its next to impossible to get J without scamcharges, specially with 5 tix to anywhere. This Rouge stuff is crazy.I would have expected Altitude members to earn on Rouge. Its not that Rouge is cheaper than other airlines - it is more expensive or the same price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.