Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Calliopeflyer
Treated like "all the others" refers to being treated to cramped and uncomfortable seats with poor (but heartfelt) service and bad IFE like the "others" who are looking for the cheapest way to fly from A to B.
You know all North American Airlines are 1 FA to 50 PAX. AC was just the last to get there. I see nothing wrong with the IFE system.
Old May 15, 2016, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I see nothing wrong with the IFE system.
It's harder to use when you're eating.
Old May 15, 2016, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes, but it is the new reality. System is lighter, saving fuel. Airlines need to come up with a holding system in the back of the seats.
Old May 15, 2016, 8:28 pm

Yes, but it is the new reality. System is lighter, saving fuel. Airlines need to come up with a holding system in the back of the seats.
They have it in Y, but not in the new J.

Or in the bulkheads.

I have no issue with the new system, in principle, other than that.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Funny you mention that.

I was pretty impressed with the seat-back on Alaska's new 739s. Not only were there very cool menu and amenity brochures and the magazine, there was plenty of space for an iPad, which many were using on my flights.

Here is the photo from Airline Reporter (the article also has views of the new bins and mood ceiling I mentioned in the mood lighting thread).

The thing is, AS also offers tablets for use on board (free or fee depending on who you are)

http://www.airlinereporter.com/tag/boeing-737-900er/

Unless some of you know of a case, I have not see anyone hang their laptops here.
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2016, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Funny you mention that.

I was pretty impressed with the seat-back on Alaska's new 739s. Not only were there very cool menu and amenity brochures and the magazine, there was plenty of space for an iPad, which many were using on my flights.

Here is the photo from Airline Reporter (the article also has views of the new bins and mood ceiling I mentioned in the mood lighting thread).

The thing is, AS also offers tablets for use on board (free or fee depending on who you are)

http://www.airlinereporter.com/tag/boeing-737-900er/

Unless some of you know of a case, I have not see anyone hang their laptops here.
rouge has the same thing in Y, no?

I know that when it was still 3x3 with a blocked middle in J, they had those in J.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:22 pm
Suspended

I know you can rent iPads on Rouge. The Alaska set-up seem much more efficient.

Last edited by tcook052; May 16, 2016 at 6:57 pm
Old May 15, 2016, 9:25 pm
Suspended

rouge has the same thing in Y, no?

I know that when it was still 3x3 with a blocked middle in J, they had those in J.
Yes, just a different design. (I never used it on my one and only Rouge trip as there was garbage in the space-holder.)
Old May 15, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
That is easily resolved with a small bungee chord attached through the button eyelet of the seat ahead of you, around the back of the seat, and on the jacket hanger on that seat.
Old May 15, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by YEG2MM
That is easily resolved with a small bungee chord attached through the button eyelet of the seat ahead of you, around the back of the seat, and on the jacket hanger on that seat.
LOL

But I sit in bulkhead
Old May 16, 2016, 1:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by 24left

I know you can rent iPads on Rouge.
they also try to take your passport as collateral for the tablet (just say no).
Old May 16, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Only if that's what you offer when they ask for a piece of photo ID. Most of the time they'll even take a Costco card.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:41 am

You know all North American Airlines are 1 FA to 50 PAX. AC was just the last to get there. I see nothing wrong with the IFE system.
I actually like the WiFi system, but the content leaves far more than a lot of be desired.

I do know all the NA airlines have poor service because of the few numbers of staff......and that's why AC was always the best airline in NA, in my opinion, and why I try to avoid flying US-based carriers (unless I am fortunate to fly J). The fact that it's common doesn't make it good
Old May 16, 2016, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Passport as collateral for an IPAD?? Never going to happen with me. FA(and others) should never have access to that information
Old May 16, 2016, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Only if that's what you offer when they ask for a piece of photo ID. Most of the time they'll even take a Costco card.
Is this for Y? Never have been asked this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.