Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run guru wanted

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, Delta Platinum, Fairmont Premiere
So a specific example just to be sure. Hope someone online knows the ins and outs

If I book directly on the Singapore Airlines website and get the following flights, does anyone know for sure if I will ge 100% status miles on all the legs?

YYC-LAX AC economy (V)
LAX-NRT-SIN SQ economy (W)

Same fare buckets for the return flights.

It sure looks like I should ge 100% from the reference pages on the AC website (both the V fare for Canada-US flts on AC and also the W fare on SQ). But I want to be sure I don't miss something and get 0!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Originally Posted by AirbusFan
So a specific example just to be sure. Hope someone online knows the ins and outs

If I book directly on the Singapore Airlines website and get the following flights, does anyone know for sure if I will ge 100% status miles on all the legs?

YYC-LAX AC economy (V)
LAX-NRT-SIN SQ economy (W)

Same fare buckets for the return flights.

It sure looks like I should ge 100% from the reference pages on the AC website (both the V fare for Canada-US flts on AC and also the W fare on SQ). But I want to be sure I don't miss something and get 0!

http://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...gaporeAirlines

http://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...tner=AirCanada

If AP website showing your AC and SQ fare codes getting 100%, you will get 100%. And they look like you will. Definitely book via SQ website, don't do it via AC website.

I find SQ economy fares can be very attractive compared to with *A airlines. They have a good economy product (especially on A380), most fares get 100% miles, if you're *G the SQ lounges are excellent. Can't beat it.

GT

Last edited by gtpdiddy; Dec 29, 2012 at 10:52 am
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

That is great to hear!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:19 pm

I wish you guys would stop posting the upgrade loophole... AC does have lurkers here!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help and recommendations folks.

I've settled on two MRs to SIN because of the (relatively) easy positioning to LAX and SFO for me. And I'm going to try out the A380 service. Very much looking forward to it now after reading the reviews I will get to try out the Singapore lounges in both NRT and HKG as well, it turns out.

Got (what I would consider) great fares on SQ -- slightly cheaper out of SFO in fact. And it just seemed so much more appealing than sitting in a dusty old 747 with one video projector at the front of the cabin.

I've selected seats on the upper deck both ways, because the seating is 2-4-2 and in a smaller area, and that just seemed more humane than being 3-4-3 in the cavernous belly of the beast Hope that was the right choice. I always prefer aisle seats as well, so there was a little more room for choice upstairs.

Not sure how I'll handle being on the plane that long... but it'll be fun to find out! And at least the A380 is big enough to wander around and stretch ones' legs. Should take at least an hour to make a lap!

Anyone with suggestions of what they do to keep their bodies regulated to local time on a quick turnaround MR would be welcomed as well.

Will also incorporate a MR to Paris for the weekend on AC just to make sure I've got all the right number of flights/legs etc. Plus I can (try to) use my existing eupgrade points from this year. Wish me luck on that.

Thanks for the help guiding a newbie through some of this. There are plenty of other questions I still have, but at least I don't feel quite so crazy asking them!

T

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.