Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL access : One guest rule are strictly enforced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT

I will fly on AC with my wife and son(4yrs) in a few weeks.
Our tickets are all cheapo economy class, on separete itin but on the same flights.

I am *A Gold but my wife/son have no status on any airlines.

3 of us will be allowed to enter the MLL at LGA and YYZ?
(for departure lounge)

I know lounges of One World may allow 2 or more guests if guests are family of OW elite, but I am not sure for *A.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
I will fly on AC with my wife and son(4yrs) in a few weeks.
Our tickets are all cheapo economy class, on separete itin but on the same flights.

I am *A Gold but my wife/son have no status on any airlines.

3 of us will be allowed to enter the MLL at LGA and YYZ?
(for departure lounge)

I know lounges of One World may allow 2 or more guests if guests are family of OW elite, but I am not sure for *A.
Not sure what you are asking? You and your family are welcome in the MLL at LGA & YYZ (there are no specific arrival lounges in Canada) providing of course if you all have a confirmed same day AC booking blah blah blah. If you want to go to a Star Alliance lounge at LGA the rule is you and one guest. I have a three member family also and we have been good gaining access in the US and Europe lounges. Only two times in the US did we encounter a problem. You simply asked a person that is on their own if they can sign in your wife, solves the issues. As far as One World no idea and they wont let you in for free with a star alliance card.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:12 pm

Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge admits the spouse, children and one guest. But not all *A are that way: United allows only one guest period, not caring if you have a husband and a newborn or any child.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by joeags
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge admits the spouse, children and one guest. But not all *A are that way: United allows only one guest period, not caring if you have a husband and a newborn or any child.
Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge doesnt care if you have a husband or a newborn or children either unless you are AC Elite/MLL member.

These are the Star Alliance rules followed worldwide by all airlines to "foreign elites"

You obviously never had to deal with a MLL dragon as a "foreign" elite.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by joeags
This is not exactly correct.

MLL only admits your immediate family and one guest if you are AC*E/SE. If you have access through external means (CIBC Club Privileges, Aeroplan Platinum, MLL Card Member, *Gold) then it's just you and one guest.

United Club will admit you and your immediate family, or 2 guests, if you are a Club Member. Otherwise, it's just you and a guest through *Gold (and further restricted to international flights if you are UA or US *Gold).
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Thanks. Anyway I will try to see what happens.
I have *G from NH(ANA).

If MLL strictly apply *A lounge access rule to us, either my wife or my son will be allowed to enter MLL, if this happens, I will give up to use MLL.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:45 pm

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...es/access.html

*Super Elite and Elite members are entitled to complimentary access for 1 guest in addition to complimentary access for their spouse and dependant children.

Star Alliance Gold members
Any Star Alliance member with a Star Alliance Gold logo on their card is entitled to Maple Leaf Lounge access provided the member is travelling on a departing Star Alliance flight, in any class of service. At no additional charge, the Star Alliance member may be accompanied by one guest who is also in possession of a same-day ticket on a qualifying, departing flight.
Believe this topic has been done few times,

1 guest no kids for *A,

Elite/Super Elite , 1-Guest, Spouse and dependant Children

You can throw yourself on the mercy of MLL staff, but 99% sure no go
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:11 pm

SO because the op will be visiting a Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, with Air Canada tickets, he, wife and child (dependant or not) will be allowed acess, weather by the wife+child rule or wife+guest rule.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
SO because the op will be visiting a Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, with Air Canada tickets, he, wife and child (dependant or not) will be allowed acess, weather by the wife+child rule or wife+guest rule.

No, you have to be Super Elite or Elite for 1-Guest & wife & Children

He is only *A, 1 guest only per AC site, what they do @ MLL is another mater
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:19 pm

FYI *A rules

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.

Customer must present proof of Star Alliance Gold level status via a valid frequent flyer program Star Alliance Gold level card or other valid indication of Star Alliance Gold level status

Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport

Customer is entitled to one guest

United and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the United Clubs and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Deleted funny

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Nov 14, 2012 at 6:32 pm
Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by xLuther
No, you have to be Super Elite or Elite for 1-Guest & wife & Children

He is only *A, 1 guest only per AC site, what they do @ MLL is another mater
ah, I was under the impression he was AC*G
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
ah, I was under the impression he was AC*G
That's two of us... oops!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:10 pm

How about J class ticket? Can you guest someone in if you have no status(or rather, want to accumulate to another program) but traveling in J? The guest is in Y and no status.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Jon X-Pacific
How about J class ticket? Can you guest someone in if you have no status(or rather, want to accumulate to another program) but traveling in J? The guest is in Y and no status.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...es/access.html

confusing question, if you don't have status just ticket holder, ( J ticket on AC ) no guest privileges, just the ticket holder
Executive First and Executive Class ticket holders
Customers holding an Executive First or Executive Class ticket are entitled to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge access.
If you still have status but don't have it listed on the ticket ( still has to be a ticket on a *A carrier ) you have to show your Aeroplan card that has E or SE status, or a *A G card.That does give you guest privileges.

Last edited by xLuther; Nov 15, 2012 at 4:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.