Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting eUpgrade situation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Interesting eUpgrade situation

Just went through this with a co-worker (AC*E), he booked a ticket for his missus from YYZ-YYC-OGG OGG-YVR-YYZ, latitude fare, available for upgrade immediately. When he went to upgrade the flight he was able to upgrade the outgoing, but not the return (it said not enough credits, even though he had 35).

Called the AC call centre, problem was the first leg of the return flight was on 28 February, second leg was on 1 March, and all his eUpgrades expire on 28 Feb. He managed to get the first leg of the return flight upgraded (the important one), but I suppose he will have to wait until he crosses the next threshold to get 2014 expiring credits to apply for upgrade the last leg. I had been wondering about this earlier in the week for an upcoming flight for myself, and if you could use 2013 credits for 2014 flights (the answer is I suppose, no, so it is good I hadn't booked my ticket). Learn something new every day.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
A lesson that was learned and documented last year.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kelapstick

Called the AC call centre, problem was the first leg of the return flight was on 28 February, second leg was on 1 March, and all his eUpgrades expire on 28 Feb. He managed to get the first leg of the return flight upgraded (the important one), but I suppose he will have to wait until he crosses the next threshold to get 2014 expiring credits to apply for upgrade the last leg. I had been wondering about this earlier in the week for an upcoming flight for myself, and if you could use 2013 credits for 2014 flights (the answer is I suppose, no, so it is good I hadn't booked my ticket). Learn something new every day.
However if he upgraded the first leg, assuming this is a connection, the second leg should upgrade on the same credits.

Seems this is a system issue, not an upgrade issue?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Stranger
However if he upgraded the first leg, assuming this is a connection, the second leg should upgrade on the same credits.

Seems this is a system issue, not an upgrade issue?
Good point. I missed that last night. Try calling AC.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC QR WS*P
He did call AC, and the answer he was given was because the second leg (it is a connection) left on 1 March it couldn't be upgraded. On AC.com he couldn't upgrade either leg of the return flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.