Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

ALPA Concerned Over Air 2000 Filing in Canada

Old Dec 19, 2001, 6:03 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA) has opposed attempts by a United Kingdom-based charter operator to initiate service between several Canadian cities and the Caribbean later this month, noting the current economic hardship faced by the North American aviation industry.

ALPA told the Canadian Transportation Agency that the application by Air 2000 to fly the routes was ``not in the public interest at this time'' when many Canadian pilots were facing furlough. The Association made similar arguments before the U.S. Department of Transportation, as Air 2000 also proposed flying to southern U.S. warm-weather destinations from Chicago, IL.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/011219/dcw050_1.html
Old Dec 20, 2001, 7:39 am

Hell, I am the public and I am interested in flying this airline!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.