Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Do special meals affect gate upgrade priority?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Do special meals affect gate upgrade priority?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Elite
Do special meals affect gate upgrade priority?

On our last couple of transatlantic flights (LHR-YUL return) we've been waitlised for e-upgrades but no luck at the gate. Plenty of other people received the call ahead of us. I understand thw rules over priority.... but we have one last chance to use our credits before they expire so want to maximise our chances.

My wife has a preference for a special meal, but it's not absolutely essential. Is there any chance that her special meal request will affect our chances of an upgrade if it doesn't clear before check-in?

I've heard talk to that affect for op-ups, but wonder whether the same applies for e-upgrades?

I'm sure she'll forgo the special meal if it means a better chance of securing an upgrade, so wondering if anyone has insight before I go ahead and request it...
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No.

However they may still serve the special Y meal to the upgraded passenger.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
No.

However they may still serve the special Y meal to the upgraded passenger.
+1
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
No affect. If sufficient J/C meals are boarded, always inquire as to whether the offerings are suitable and if not or due to dietary/health reasons the Y/C SPML will be brought forward. I will always try to enhance the presentation of a Y/C SPML utilized in J/Class.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Elite
Great. Thanks for the replies all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.