Can't cancel a confirmed upgrade?

Old Oct 3, 12, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*100K, HHonors Diamond
Can't cancel a confirmed upgrade?

I recently tried upgrading a YVR-HNL flight and as part of the itinerary, I also have a YYC-YVR flight which I accidentally clicked when doing the upgrade request. YYC-YVR cleared and YVR-HNL is waitlisted and the chances aren't good. I phoned AC to cancel the YYC-YVR upgrade but was told they couldn't because the fare class I purchased was no longer available. So now I'm stuck using 6 credits for a short YYC-YVR flight. Part of it is my fault for clicking the YYC-YVR flight, but shouldnt they simply be able to cancel the request (theres lot of room in economy on the flight BTW)?
Old Oct 3, 12, 8:01 pm
alc

Unforunately, that is the rule and it is stated in the T&C:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...grades/tc.html

Cancelling upgrade requests

• Waitlisted upgrade requests may be cancelled at any time prior to flight departure.
  • Confirmed upgrades cannot be cancelled online. For assistance with a confirmed upgrade, please contact Air Canada Reservations or see an Air Canada airport agent. If you choose to cancel your upgrade and your originally purchased Economy booking class is no longer available, you may need to pay an applicable fare difference.
  • In the event that courtesy upgrades are given at time of departure due to irregular operations, customers with a previously requested upgrade will not be eligible for eUpgrade Credit refunds.

So, may be you can ask how much you need to pay to get a seat in Y

Search this Thread