Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Finding nonstop flight bookings on Aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Finding nonstop flight bookings on Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:02 am
CB4
Original Poster

Finding nonstop flight bookings on Aeroplan

Anyone know how you can search for only non-stop (direct) Air Canada flights on Aeroplan's website?

When I search for flights, I usually get a bunch of flight options with layovers (on other carriers) on routes that Air Canada services (with non-stop flights). While it's nice to see that there are other (less attractive) options available, I'm only interested in seeing dates when there are Air Canada non-stop flights that I can book.

Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Non-stop flights usually get posted at the top, followed by 1, 2 stops, etc. If no direct flights then there're none offered by AE on that date.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
If I am looking for a non stop flight especially to a popular destination, I check aeroplan's website well in advance. They can get booked up fairly quickly.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by CB4
Anyone know how you can search for only non-stop (direct) Air Canada flights on Aeroplan's website?

When I search for flights, I usually get a bunch of flight options with layovers (on other carriers) on routes that Air Canada services (with non-stop flights). While it's nice to see that there are other (less attractive) options available, I'm only interested in seeing dates when there are Air Canada non-stop flights that I can book.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum CB4;

In all honesty the AE engine is almost garbage.

Most use either ANA or United's engine.

go to united.com; search for a one way; put the day you are interested and check award travel and direct flights only. The search page should give you a calendar search on days the flights will be available and the color refers to the class of service available. Always look at ''super saver'' rate as those are the seats available to AE members.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:08 pm
CB4
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hearna
Welcome to the forum CB4;

In all honesty the AE engine is almost garbage.

Most use either ANA or United's engine.

go to united.com; search for a one way; put the day you are interested and check award travel and direct flights only. The search page should give you a calendar search on days the flights will be available and the color refers to the class of service available. Always look at ''super saver'' rate as those are the seats available to AE members.
Thanks for the tip! I just tried your suggestion on United's website and agree that it's so much better than AE. Hopefully AE's engine improves sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Driver's Edge
Took a look at the United site for YOW to FCO. Interesting that the extra fees on United's program are only about $100 with routing from YOW to YUL to FCO on AC metal all the way. That routing through Aeroplan on AC would be $500+. Depressing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.