Wiki Posts
Search

Ottawa AC cocktail reception

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Ottawa AC cocktail reception

Got the email today for a reception to meet members of the AC senior executive team. Sounds like it's Ottawa's version of the YYZ/YYC grip & grins for SE's.

Have to check to see if I'll be in town.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by 4havnfun
Got the email today for a reception to meet members of the AC senior executive team. Sounds like it's Ottawa's version of the YYZ/YYC grip & grins for SE's.

Have to check to see if I'll be in town.
what day??? I want to call and demand an invite again
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
What ever happened to the YVR event? Or did I miss it?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:05 pm

YUL

Has there been such an event in YUL?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I got the invite too. Wonder how many ppl will attend, I don't assume there are that many SE's out of YOW, relative to YYZ and the likes lol
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by YOWzer
I got the invite too. Wonder how many ppl will attend, I don't assume there are that many SE's out of YOW, relative to YYZ and the likes lol
Maybe all the VIPs will be invited as well.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Received mine today and my social calendar is open

Semi formal business, so I have to wear pants I try and stay in shorts until the first snow fall

Looking forward to this, perhaps Calin will sign my book, poster, chest
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Where did AC find money to do these? Aren't they strapped for money?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by yscleo
I don't think it's any more expensive than the price of someone going into MLL and having a couple drinks + cost of the room... smart expenditure if you ask me.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:22 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by yscleo
The admission fee covers the expenses.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: 2MM, Lifetime E75K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
At this time my calendar is open and I do plan on attending. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow FF's and AC's senior executive team. Who knows, maybe we'll hear about some upcoming "enhancements" for 2013.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Only for SEs, I assume since my MM has not received an invite.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:25 am

darn... my aeroplan adress is down in NB versus here in Ottawa... anyone have any contact info to see if they would permit a lowly SE such as my self to join? haha
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
Angry

Originally Posted by hearna
darn... my aeroplan adress is down in NB versus here in Ottawa... anyone have any contact info to see if they would permit a lowly SE such as my self to join? haha
Im on the same boat. AE address is YGK which is like 1.5hr drive to YOW!!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Given the number of MPs and Senators from ridings more than an hour's drive from the city, senior public servants, the hundreds of consultants and lobbyists, and maybe a few just plain ordinary folks who don't live off the largess of the federal government in one way or another, I'd say there are quite a number of SEs based in Ottawa. (MPs and cabinet members cannot accept VIP membership from AC because it is a federally regulated company and that would breach gifting/conflict of interest rules. They must earn status like the rest of us.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.