Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Europe flight pass,e-U/g April 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have a business reason to be in Europe next April. Hotel booked,rail booked.

Wanted to use my Europe latitude flight pass to book and do the u/g at time of booking. I cannot do so because the T&C note;

"Your eUpgrade Credits must not expire prior to the date of travel on which you wish to upgrade."

My E-credits expire February 28,2013. I will need to wait until the new package comes out later this year to book and take the instant u/g with e-credits that will expire in February 2014. Flight shows the entire J cabin available as of today and 2 seats taken on return.

I found this interesting and wanted to share with FT. Never had this situation present itself on a flight pass to me personally until today
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm pretty sure there were a rash of similar complaints toward the end of last year regarding latitude bookings, whether on flight passes or for cash. I expect this will come up with increasing frequency as the end of the year approaches and people are booking into next year.

FWIW, at least you don't have to worry about anyone else snapping up the R-space in front of you, since nobody has any valid e-Ups for 2013 yet. Frustrating, though, I hear that.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Same scenario for Latitude fares purchased next year after Feb 28. Although one can request immediate upgrade, if credits expire beforehand you cannot request that upgrade.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Booking Mrs. acysb87 on points for J cabin as well to mirror my routing. Cannot do that until my booking is done.

Last edited by acysb87; Sep 24, 2012 at 5:15 pm Reason: The e-credit folks agree,the pass folks agree,the AE folks agree,policy says no. Arghh!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.