50% off business class

Old Sep 21, 12, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

50% off business class

Anyone remember 1/2 off Aeroplan business class last Dec? Any sense from the experts here if Aeroplan will do it again?

Was a low key and limited time only promo last year. Felt like i was 'jonny-on-the-spot' and got a trip to Hong Kong, Singapore and Milan on business class for 75k. Including a ride on a380. So cool and dying to do again.
Old Sep 21, 12, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Last years "promo" came right after massive award chart devaluations, and the stealth unannounced overnight introduction of scamcharges.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...pens-when.html

Personally, I dont think it will happen again.
Old Sep 21, 12, 5:28 pm

Programs: *Gold
I always thought it was a clitch, that they couldn't fix right away, so called it a "promo". Although they did not advertise such Promo anywhere, and tried to deny it when people called in.

i was able to get a one way Canada-Europe redempting in J for 40,000 or so miles. I was very happy.
Old Sep 21, 12, 7:28 pm

it depends on the market conditions

btw it wasnt 50% off....its just one level lower......

and some of us believe it was a technical glitch.....
Old Sep 21, 12, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC View Post
I always thought it was a clitch, that they couldn't fix right away, so called it a "promo". Although they did not advertise such Promo anywhere, and tried to deny it when people called in.
loooooooooooooool
Old Sep 21, 12, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
The smoking gun for me was that the staff couldn't tell you how long the promotion would last. What kind of promotion doesn't have an end date? I mean, sometimes they get extended but there's always some nominal date specified.
Old Sep 21, 12, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by zkzkz View Post
The smoking gun for me was that the staff couldn't tell you how long the promotion would last. What kind of promotion doesn't have an end date? I mean, sometimes they get extended but there's always some nominal date specified.
loooooooooooooooooooool
Old Sep 22, 12, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
An extra few "o"s there

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr View Post
loooooooooooooooooooool
Old Sep 22, 12, 7:16 pm

lolololololololololololololololololololololol

gotta be different ya know?!
Old Sep 23, 12, 7:59 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I recall flying from YYZ-SJC in Exec class last December for less than Economy. That definitely helped as I had a few segments flying on United, and First Class on a 757 is much better than at the back.
Old Sep 23, 12, 8:39 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
You never know... it may have been a glitch or perhaps it was something else... :-) If it happens again, I'll be a happy camper too. Although there are a number of people out there who are dissatisfied with the "stealth" nature of AE's tactics, I--for one--would take whatever bone they want to throw my way, be it 10K in points or a secret promo, and will thank FT and its contributors for the privilege of participating. If AE is making a choice to do a "lite"/"stealth" promo instead of nothing or a lot less promo for a lot more people, I'm all for the way it is now.

As for this particular promo, I'm going to wager that there is a 50/50 chance it happens again around the same time... we shall see.

Last edited by YQMer; Sep 23, 12 at 8:50 am
Old Sep 23, 12, 6:28 pm
Used to be '076753k'

Programs: AirCanada*G
First rule of the promo is to not talk about the promo.......

Search this Thread