Wiki Posts
Search

SE Line - Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
SE Line - Changes

Just a random note in the new Altitude world.

The SE Line now has four options, #1 and #2 are the same, #3 is Aeroplan account information.

I would check on #4 but cell service in Prince Albert, Sask leaves much to be desired
Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Just a random note in the new Altitude world.

The SE Line now has four options, #1 and #2 are the same, #3 is Aeroplan account information.

I would check on #4 but cell service in Prince Albert, Sask leaves much to be desired
Sure slag sasktel, when I lived there Sasktel said they were the best!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
I called SE lined today to test my new $14 cellphone from Wal-Mart ($2/day unlimited calling anywhere in U.S.) and the changes spooked me... it just seems like the stupid voice goes on and on and on...
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Did you buy the phone in Canada?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I called SE lined today to test my new $14 cellphone from Wal-Mart ($2/day unlimited calling anywhere in U.S.) and the changes spooked me... it just seems like the stupid voice goes on and on and on...
Originally Posted by Wings100
I love those "burner" phones in the US at Wal-Mart. Cheaper to buy a $10 or $15 phone for the week and then toss them.

$2 a day, is cheap, can you buy per day or one month at a time?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Wings100
What planet are you living on? In Canada this same phone is probably $200 on a 3 year contract, or $300 and pay and talk rate of 40 cents per minute... (k. not exactly, but you get my point )...

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I love those "burner" phones in the US at Wal-Mart. Cheaper to buy a $10 or $15 phone for the week and then toss them.

$2 a day, is cheap, can you buy per day or one month at a time?
My last phone was $20 and lasted me a year - they are very good quality and the Samsung Charger is worth more than the phone based on retail prices.

With Verizon it's $2/day to call ANYWHERE in the U.S and you get $10 of free calling (i.e. 5 free days). You only pay on days you use it. If you want to keep the same number, buy a $100 card and your "money" + phone number don't expire for a whole year - that's what I do.

The next thing you want to do, is sign up for google voice (need to be in the U.S.), and you get free calling throughout Canada/US (and crazy cheap rates elsewhere, i.e. 2 cents/europe/australia/venezuala, etc.) So what you need to do is add your pay & talk # to google voice, and if you want to call canada, you just phone your google voice # from your Pay & Talk phone, put in pin code, than dial canadian number and voila, no LD to Canada...

And the relevance of this to the thread is that this shows how you can call the concierges without paying LD while in the U.S., which again goes back to the idea that the new SE line annoys me.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
1 - English
2 - French

and then:

1 - Aeroplan Rewards
2 - Air Canada Reservations
3 - Aeroplan Account Info
4 - e-upgrade credits / other issues

Not a big deal as once you know the options you can just click through. I normally just press 1, 2 without waiting for the options as I need to call about a reservation.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvr76
1 - English
2 - French

and then:

1 - Aeroplan Rewards
2 - Air Canada Reservations
3 - Aeroplan Account Info
4 - e-upgrade credits / other issues

Not a big deal as once you know the options you can just click through. I normally just press 1, 2 without waiting for the options as I need to call about a reservation.
I did notice recently that the voice/system is a bit different, but the menu options seem to be identical to what it was before. I don't know what people are referring to as different?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I did notice recently that the voice/system is a bit different, but the menu options seem to be identical to what it was before. I don't know what people are referring to as different?
The options (after English/French) used to be 1 (AE reservations) and 2 (AC reservations). As noted in this thread, there are now 4. I had to call today and immediately realized something was different as the voice was loud and clear - IMHO, it used to be low volume and muffled. (And had my issue dealt with quickly by a very friendly agent.)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fin 645
The options (after English/French) used to be 1 (AE reservations) and 2 (AC reservations). As noted in this thread, there are now 4. I had to call today and immediately realized something was different as the voice was loud and clear - IMHO, it used to be low volume and muffled. (And had my issue dealt with quickly by a very friendly agent.)
No, I have always gotten these menu options 1 to 4 calling the SE number (at least, since March 2011).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
What planet are you living on? In Canada this same phone is probably $200 on a 3 year contract, or $300 and pay and talk rate of 40 cents per minute... (k. not exactly, but you get my point )...

My last phone was $20 and lasted me a year - they are very good quality and the Samsung Charger is worth more than the phone based on retail prices.

With Verizon it's $2/day to call ANYWHERE in the U.S and you get $10 of free calling (i.e. 5 free days). You only pay on days you use it. If you want to keep the same number, buy a $100 card and your "money" + phone number don't expire for a whole year - that's what I do.

The next thing you want to do, is sign up for google voice (need to be in the U.S.), and you get free calling throughout Canada/US (and crazy cheap rates elsewhere, i.e. 2 cents/europe/australia/venezuala, etc.) So what you need to do is add your pay & talk # to google voice, and if you want to call canada, you just phone your google voice # from your Pay & Talk phone, put in pin code, than dial canadian number and voila, no LD to Canada...

And the relevance of this to the thread is that this shows how you can call the concierges without paying LD while in the U.S., which again goes back to the idea that the new SE line annoys me.
That is better than what I have been doing so I think when I am in Vancouver next week, I will make a quick trip to Belligham and do this! My current $15 Net 10 phone is about to expire so I will do as you suggested!

Thank you sir

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.