FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Announcing Air Canada Altitude (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1389648-announcing-air-canada-altitude.html)

zorn Sep 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by trolly2012 (Post 19352650)
So the diff between 50k and 75k is that at 50k NO more access to Preferred Seats

Um, obviously the biggest difference is day-of-flight upgrade priority.

bizorbetter Sep 20, 2012 1:39 pm

wow

WOW...clearly aimed at culling the 35k-49k flyer....wonder if that is smart?

A person who flies 49k status miles is a nobody but the friend of a SE can gift a e50k to anyone, even a non frequent flier.....just WOW

I have no issue with gifting for SE but i think those that fall into 35-49k will flee.......but who knows?

canadatosiberia Sep 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by trolly2012 (Post 19352650)
So the diff between 50k and 75k is that at 50k NO more access to Preferred Seats
What a mess this new loser 5 tier system is...
So unprofessional -- "hey, let's make the rules while we go a long..."
BAD marketing.

For the 2013 program, members earning 50,000 Status Miles or 50 Status Flight Segments (now known as Altitude Elite 50K) will be entitled to the benefits that they’ve come to enjoy with 2012 Elite status. On top of this, they will be rewarded with:

Improved upgrade priority
Additional eUpgrade Credits
Threshold incentives for achieving Status Mile thresholds
Expanded partner offers in the works ??? MEANING???
Other travel benefits in the works, which will be unveiled over the course of 2012

Close
The benefit program for members earning 75,000 Status Miles or 75 Status Flight Segments seems very similar to the 2012 Elite program. What expanded benefits will reward my loyalty for flying more with Air Canada and the Star Alliance member airlines to achieve this tier?

For the 2013 program, members earning 75,000 Status Miles or 75 Status Flight Segments (now known as Altitude Elite 75K) will be entitled to the benefits that they’ve come to enjoy with 2012 Elite status. On top of this, they will be rewarded with:

Improved upgrade priority and access to Preferred Seats
Additional eUpgrade Credits
Threshold incentives for achieving Status Mile thresholds
Accelerated earning of Bonus Aeroplan Miles for eligible flight activities
Expanded partner offers in the works
Other travel benefits in the works, which will be unveiled over the course of 2012

I believe that the majority of this is old info, with the new info coming today...

NAJetSet Sep 20, 2012 1:42 pm

So it looks like its going to be even busier than ever now. with this new program it will be even easier to make status (SOMEWHERE)

Accelerated Status Recognition with non-air Partners

Access superior recognition around the world with major hotel and car rental partners. More details on participating partners will be provided in early 2013.
source http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...clusive_Offers

now does this mean, the more you fly the faster you move up in partner programs?

or can you move up in the Altitude program by 'sleeping/driving your way through it'

DutchSE Sep 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 19352665)
This might be a good idea for us @:-)

Both my wife and I will be qualified as SE100Ks. Can we nominate each other as E50Ks and then we would both be both E50Ks and SE100Ks and get the combination of upgrade credits? (50+70=120)

Then since we're both E50K and SE100K, can we accumulate threshold credits faster, viz 10+12 for 20K, 40K, and 60K, then get early qualification for E75K at 75K, etc?:p

If so, it may be worth forgoing the bonus AP miles feature since we will probably take less flights on AC metal anyways.

I doubt you can be both, but you can nominate your kids/parents/ or maybe make-believe kids

rankourabu Sep 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadatosiberia (Post 19352678)
I believe that the majority of this is old info, with the new info coming today...

I believe this was posted from the new FAQ.
Thats where details are buried.... did you expect ACTT to post cuts here???

I think AE is now coming full circle - cater to a few corporate funded SEs, and screw everyone else, leisure flyers, small business people, ie "bottom feeders".

yyzprincess Sep 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 19352665)
This might be a good idea for us @:-)

Both my wife and I will be qualified as SE100Ks. Can we nominate each other as E50Ks and then we would both be both E50Ks and SE100Ks and get the combination of upgrade credits? (50+70=120)

Then since we're both E50K and SE100K, can we accumulate threshold credits faster, viz 10+12 for 20K, 40K, and 60K, then get early qualification for E75K at 75K, etc?:p

If so, it may be worth forgoing the bonus AP miles feature since we will probably take less flights on AC metal anyways.

I do not think that will fly:D

Honestly,last year I had 67 E-Credit expire. This year same or bit lower.
Hi I have United CR1s expiring every month until December & probably some SWU.

yvr76 Sep 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Some positive changes for SE, but not really other tiers. Prestige no longer has any e-upgrade nominees. Disappointing that each year we must expect a reduction of some kind. At least this year some additional benefits were added.

The only major reduction I see after quick review are the reduction of e-upgrade credits at each threshold.
It is addressed on their FAQ

Threshold eUpgrades offer all Altitude members unparalleled access to the Executive cabin. In particular, Altitude Super Elite 100K members can enjoy many system-wide upgrades through this program, unmatched anywhere in the industry. In the interest of preserving the profitability for our premium products such as international Executive First service, we took this opportunity to redistribute the number of eUpgrade Credits earned at the various threshold levels, offering an even larger bonus for those members earning over 200,000 Status Miles each year. Additionally, they will be able to earn more eUpgrade Credits when choosing their Select Privileges.

jarusoba Sep 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by NAJetSet (Post 19352686)
So it looks like its going to be even busier than ever now. with this new program it will be even easier to make status (SOMEWHERE)

source http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...clusive_Offers

now does this mean, the more you fly the faster you move up in partner programs?

or can you move up in the Altitude program by 'sleeping/driving your way through it'

No, it's just some stupid tier acceleration in hotel programs, like Fairmont Platinum for 1-night stay, Hilton Gold for 5-night stay etc.

VoodooYYC Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 (Post 19352570)
Wow - just when you think that the cuts can't get any worse, AC has the ability to amaze.

1. No more free preferred / bulkhead seats on a T+ fare unless you are above 75k.

I thought this as well when I read the website, but if you read ACTT's OP, it states that 35 and 50k Elites will have the same access to bulkheads as they do today.

The real change will be SE now having to fight with 75k E for exit row seats.

Overall, the program is pretty much as I expected. I will be a 50K elite next year, but for the following year, as a 90% domestic flyer I don't see enough value in the 50k tier to warrant a mileage run if it looks like I might be a bit short of the 50k level.

Silvercity Sep 20, 2012 1:56 pm

I like it...ok I said it and well done AC:D

maradori Sep 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Got the e-mail, on track to get 75k (all out of pocket wahh).

Prelim thoughts:

75k tier seems completely as our groupthink predicted :/

^ Free preferred seats with T+
:rolleyes: Guaranteed economy seating (but LOL probably not useful for me since I don't buy Y)

:td: Priority rewards is still 2x miles. Can't they make the 50K elites pay 2x and us 75K elites pay a discounted amount like 1.5x?

:confused: "Accelerated Status Recognition with non-air Partners" ooooooooooooh!!!! I'm excited to hear more details (maybe I might dump Hyatt LOL)

^ T-6 to throw my hat into aerolotto!!

:td: ouch, gotta forfeit either e-creds or tier bonus to reduce my requal threshold!!

:eek: Excited to see what "travel options" we'll get (please please please free food)

:( can't AC throw us non-flight passers a bone for the 3rd choice?

:td: buu only 2 nominees, if we could get 3

-----

:confused: Interesting how the 35K only gets access to domestic and t/b MLL, not int'l ones. Ouch, they gotta forfeit both tier bonus and e-creds to get "full" *G lounge access

Prestige Sep 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Hey, what about those important luggage tags? :)

jasonch Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by maradori (Post 19352782)

:confused: Interesting how the 35K only gets access to domestic and t/b MLL, not int'l ones

You can get it still as part of the bundle #1 select privileges

Sigh, can't say I like the changes

margarita girl Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 19352533)
Even a millage runner can't hit 11,000 on a single AC Metal flight...

LHR-YYZ-SYD is 13K miles.