Announcing Air Canada Altitude

Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

The lounge access privilege you can select comprises access to select AC Maple Leaf Lounges only, it does not include access to any lounge operated by another *A carrier or their designated contract lounges in the airports you have listed above.

Elite 35K members can access the comfort and amenities of the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departures zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia). This benefit does not apply to Air Canada International Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departures zones of Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, as well as Maple Leaf Lounges located in Paris and London-Heathrow (both the departure and the Arrivals Lounge in London). Subject to space availability, you can invite immediate family members (spouse and dependant children) and a first guest at no charge to the select Maple Leaf Lounges. Access applies when you and your guests are travelling on a same-day flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or any Star Alliance member airline. Anyone entering the lounge under the age of majority must be accompanied by an adult.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
The lounge access privilege you can select comprises access to select AC Maple Leaf Lounges only, it does not include access to any lounge operated by another *A carrier or their designated contract lounges in the airports you have listed above.
That is the lounge access they all get. I think he was talking about the Select Privledge option that extents it further:

Complimentary Access to International Maple Leaf Lounges and Star Alliance Business Lounges

Elite 35K members can choose this Select Privilege and access the Air Canada International Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departures zones of Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, as well as Maple Leaf Lounges located in Paris or London-Heathrow (including the Arrivals Lounge) and the Star Alliance member airline business lounges worldwide. Subject to space availability, in the International Maple Leaf Lounges you can invite immediate family members (spouse and dependant children) and a first guest at no charge and in the Star Alliance member airline business lounges you can invite one guest at no charge. This privilege applies when you and your guest(s) are travelling on a same-day flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or any Star Alliance member airline. Anyone entering the lounge under the age of majority must be accompanied by an adult.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Thanks, but I am talking about Select Privileges for 35K. It states the following on http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...ect_Privileges

Complimentary Access to International Maple Leaf Lounges and Star Alliance Business Lounges

Elite 35K members can choose this Select Privilege and access the Air Canada International Maple Leaf Lounges located in the international departures zones of Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, as well as Maple Leaf Lounges located in Paris or London-Heathrow (including the Arrivals Lounge) and the Star Alliance member airline business lounges worldwide. Subject to space availability, in the International Maple Leaf Lounges you can invite immediate family members (spouse and dependant children) and a first guest at no charge and in the Star Alliance member airline business lounges you can invite one guest at no charge. This privilege applies when you and your guest(s) are travelling on a same-day flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or any Star Alliance member airline. Anyone entering the lounge under the age of majority must be accompanied by an adult.

Question: if a 35K member choses the above select privilege will they be able to access lounges, the same as *A/G members? yes or no?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

Oh yes, my bad. In that case I assume it means that you can access the contract lounges as well if you could otherwise also access them with a business class ticket. *G access rules typically go beyond that so do not apply. With that lounge privilege it should obviously be sufficient to hold an economy class boarding pass.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Thanks, but I am talking about Select Privileges for 35K. It states the following on http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...ect_Privileges

Question: if a 35K member choses the above select privilege will they be able to access lounges, the same as *A/G members? yes or no?
I´d assume you´d be able to access the same lounges you´d be able to access when purchasing the Maple Leaf Lounge Worldwide Membership. There´s a list with all the lounges on the AC website.

You´d definitely no longer be able to access the LH SEN lounges and I´d assume a few of the contract lounges would be off-limits too.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
I don't know what an E35 or an E50 are, but I'd love to have my own E75. An E90 would b even better.
E35 or E45 E-134/145 are jungle jets :P
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by tinchote
E35, E50, or E75 on March 1st, corresponding to your miles flown.
Originally Posted by arf04
That's got to be the best shorthand I've seen so far on the categories and I expect that's how we'll refer to things going forward. Nice.
The names of the tiers could have been a lot worse considering the survey they sent out. I still think there was no need to call it 'Prestige 25K' and 'Super Elite 100K' since there aren't multiple levels.

My vote was for Prestige, Elite Silver, Elite Gold, Elite Platinum, Super Elite. But Prestige, Elite 35k, Elite 50k, Elite 75k, Super Elite would have still worked out better.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tinchote
The thing is that there is no confusion possible. When you get "early recognition" before Oct 15, you are given that status until Feb 28; then, after Feb 28, the new status kicks in. In most years, both status are the same. In 2013, they will be not. So, as several said above, you get E now until Feb 28, and you'll get E35, E50, or E75 on March 1st, corresponding to your miles flown.
The answers I'm seeing to people's questions seem to quote only the FAQ or the "press release". I would have thought there would be a full terms and conditions.
This recent query
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19381337-post352.html
seems to me to show the terms and conditions were not completely laid out at the beginning.
In any case, I thank all who have taken time to answer my questions.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal

In PEK, CA's F lounge is accessible to *G. Since that 35K select privilege clearly says "member airline business lounge", I would assume it would not provide access to such a lounge?

Incidentally, CA's F and J lounges are more or less indistinguishable...
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:45 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Ac Million Mile status and new Altitude plan

There is no reference at all to one's Million Mile Status in the new Altitude program to be unveiled for 2013. In fact Million Mile Status seems to have been a one year wonder only, with no further incentives or gifts of e credits.

The ocassional smile and welcome from an "In charge" on flights, but only once in a while.

So much for that status!!

I should go dust off my model plastic plane!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Au contrair - you are at the 50,000 level!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:55 pm

Been covered a few times, those at or will achieve Million miles are 50k Elite

Covered pretty clearly in the FAQ's, 3rd last item

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan....html#faq:17-*

Members who have earned Million Mile recognition will continue to enjoy benefits similar to those awarded upon their initial qualification:

If your status is to never fall below Elite, in 2013 you will be entitled to the same recognition as those members who reach Altitude Elite 50K. Of course, you will still be entitled to qualify for a higher level of recognition based on your annual flight activities
If your status is to never fall below Super Elite, in 2013 you will be entitled to the same recognition as those members who reach Altitude Super Elite 100K
The Million Mile Program will not change, including the special benefits awarded to qualifying members. All of the terms and conditions of the Million Mile Program continue to apply.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:00 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
good find as I never saw that. But the statis is now 50K, not 75k. Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:05 pm

what happens when one reaches 2M miles on AC? Is it simply benefits to significant others which holds little incentive to this single male. no Incentive at all for me unless there are other benefits from Million Mile status.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: A-E
Ok... took an hour to skim this AC 'tude thread. thanks to all.

1- FT has long been my go-to place.. finally setup acct here.
2- Actually thought bump to 50k was accumulation next year.
3- See now news sent 12.23.11 (merry xmas) buried / missed.
4- Easy earn alternate 20k on Agean for *A-Gold status 2013.

I've done +40k annually (with several 100k+) on SA over the last decade, recently joined other FF platforms. ACTT has been increasingly sad these last few years but this latest 5-ring charade is basically.. embarrassing. While it's nice to have the maple leaf card when traveling, my passport will do just fine.

If your intent was to squeeze hard until we snap.. congrats = Done.

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 30, 2012 at 7:57 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.