FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC882/883 major delays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1388029-ac882-883-major-delays.html)

guessaaa Sep 16, 2012 12:10 am

AC882/883 major delays

Checking the flight status for today's AC882, shows 2 hr late departure and 11 hr late arrival in CPH? AC883 for tomorrow shows almost a 21 hr delay (I assume because of curfew)?

I came in on 883 in J today, and I wasn't impressed. No menus, aircraft was not clean, seat was broken, a flight attendant had to get on his hands and knees, lift the seat cover up, and reach deep inside for a couple minutes before it would work again. And to top it off, my bags were one of the last to come on the belt at YYZ, regardless of the priority tag.

IluvSQ Sep 16, 2012 7:09 am

Originally Posted by guessaaa (Post 19323529)
And to top it off, my bags were one of the last to come on the belt at YYZ, regardless of the priority tag.

You misunderstand, the priority tags in YYZ mean that the bags should be last off. You are a very important customer, so they want you to enjoy the
baggage belt experience for the maximum amount of time.

morphius909 Sep 16, 2012 7:18 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 19324345)
You misunderstand, the priority tags in YYZ mean that the bags should be last off. You are a very important customer, so they want you to enjoy the

I hope the 2013 tier packages highlights that benefit!!!

;)

guessaaa Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am

There were about 20 small items tagged priority that came out first, then a 5-10 min pause, then everything else, with any remaining priority items coming out last. In contrast, my YVR belt experience was great.

yscleo Sep 16, 2012 9:32 am

Originally Posted by guessaaa (Post 19323529)
I came in on 883 in J today, and I wasn't impressed. No menus, aircraft was not clean, seat was broken, a flight attendant had to get on his hands and knees, lift the seat cover up, and reach deep inside for a couple minutes before it would work again. And to top it off, my bags were one of the last to come on the belt at YYZ, regardless of the priority tag.

You misunderstand, the priority tags in YYZ mean that the bags should be last off. You are a very important customer, so they want you to enjoy the baggage belt experience for the maximum amount of time.

Hey that's our experience 2 weeks ago on LAX-YYZ flight in J. There was almost 3 hours of connection time in LAX so it's not because of short connection time. For our 4 bags with priority tags, 2 of them came out in the middle, and the other 2 bags were the last to come out. It was almost an hour from the time we started waiting at the carousal, to the time we got out.

We had a nice vacation in HNL, so was't going to let that long wait for baggage to spoil our good mood. But now that you mention it, that's what happened to us.

tracon Sep 16, 2012 10:13 am

I see yesterday's 882 taking a delay of almost 12 hours.
The 77W fleet through NRT has had a rough few days. Overnight delays on a few flights. Elsewhere, some downguages from 77W to 77L resulting in delays to the 77L schedule...ie 87 today and 16 tomorrow.

The good news 132 YVR-YYZ today is a 77W.

pokee Sep 16, 2012 10:36 am

Priority tag on my bag on UA apparently meant to lose it and get it back to me 4 days late, after my trip was almost over! Luckily, it also meant a nice shopping spree and $400USD+ reimbursed a month later! :)