Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors
Originally Posted by perepelov
I think a respectful company should not use such dirty tricks to attract business. It may be legitimate, but it's simply wrong from ethical standpoint.
By your own admission, from a legal standpoint they are in the right here. A lawsuit isn't a 'fact finding' exercise, pretty obvious what the outcome of that attempt would be.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
If you disagree with me - fine, you're entitled to your opinion. Next time you're robbed, raped or murdered - I will show no sympathy to you, and say that it's your fault, since you didn't read T&C (they clearly say this kind of thing might happen to you during life time, and you gave your concent to that), and also since you didn't take enough steps to protect yourself.

Are you insane?

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Yes, TV news will definitely be interested in your "I'm an abusive jerk, and AC should just sit there and take it" story. If they aren't, AP's PR department may just suggest it to them.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:15 pm

Interesting, what is it, in your opinion?
Without any evidence, I would expect that any judge in any jurisdiction would quietly or loudly laugh you out of their courtroom.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SkyMiles, OnePass
For those who fail to understand: I won't sue them over missing on promotion. However, I will sue them for terminating my membership without my concent, and without providing sufficient compensation.

The former has no significant material damage, although is a serious blow on reputation of the company. The latter will clearly deprive me of something that rightfully belongs to me.
From the membership T&C:

Aeroplan membership is a privilege which can be revoked by Aeroplan at its discretion at any time and without compensation including without limitation, abuse by the member of any of the Terms and Conditions of the Aeroplan program or any other actions deemed by Aeroplan, acting in its sole discretion, to be deleterious to Aeroplan, the Aeroplan Program or the interests of its partners
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:20 pm

You didn't answer the question that was asked - perhaps because you now realize you've misspoken?
Oh, I'm sorry - I forgot that information has to be force fed in this thread.

My opinion of the outcome is
Originally Posted by scwats
Without any evidence, I would expect that any judge in any jurisdiction would quietly or loudly laugh you out of their courtroom.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:21 pm

You read it as follows: "They can screw people at any time, for any reason, just because some exec gets upset".
And you read it as "I can abuse people however I want with no consequences, because I'm upset".

I'm pretty sure that as soon as you verbally assault someone at AP, they're within their rights not to deal with you anymore as per the agreement you made with them. This is especially true given that you, admittedly, didn't meet the T&C's of the promotion you're whining about to start with. I'm not a lawyer, but what makes you think a judge wouldn't just throw this out before it even made trial?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:26 pm

Clearly, yoy fail to read your own posts, not to mention questions asked based on them.

You stated
"A lawsuit isn't a 'fact finding' exercise"
I asked you - what it is then, in your opinion?
You started answering about something else, I don't need your opinion about.
It is a truth finding mission in that submitted evidence is sorted through to determine the truth, but there has to be some evidence before beginning that process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.