Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by perepelov
The purpose of my post was simply express my opinion: I was not seeking any support, however, as I know it's hard to find any on a public forum like that, where every one thinks of himself as a smart ..., and "oh, it will never happen to me".

If you disagree with me - fine, you're entitled to your opinion. Next time you're robbed, raped or murdered - I will show no sympathy to you, and say that it's your fault, since you didn't read T&C (they clearly say this kind of thing might happen to you during life time, and you gave your concent to that), and also since you didn't take enough steps to protect yourself.
Isn't it time for you to go away, now that you are talking about people being raped and murdered.

You failed to read the T&C, that is your fault. Own it.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:48 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: FT
What happened to my right of free speech?
You don't like seeing words "rape" and "murder"? Go somewhere else, noone's forcing you to read this.
They failed to discose it properly - they should own it, not me.

On a side note, it funny to watch how quickly you guys make a mob and start collectively attacking a single person with a different opinion. In different times in history you would've done extremely well in Nazi Germany, Mao's China or Soviet Russia - too bad for you those times are gone... or are they?
wait a second...you have a right to free speech but then have an issue with others who also have a right to free speech to dump on you?

no one is forcing you to read responses.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I agree with the OP. I think the actions described above are deplorable.

And it is spelled "decent."
No, no, he meant to say "talk like descent people." He thought he was talking to a pilot.

and they pay you good money for that. So what are you whinning about?

That's my message to the CSR.
Yeah, those CSRs really get paid the big bucks.

If you disagree with me - fine, you're entitled to your opinion. Next time you're robbed, raped or murdered - I will show no sympathy to you, and say that it's your fault, since you didn't read T&C (they clearly say this kind of thing might happen to you during life time, and you gave your concent to that), and also since you didn't take enough steps to protect yourself.
Yeah, losing out on a promo is exactly the same thing as being raped or murdered.

Mike
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Blissfully unaffiliated
"Go away, you're being a goof" is not an abridgment of your free speech rights.

Free hint: this is not a public forum.

(Second free hint: stop digging.)
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors
You don't like seeing words "rape" and "murder"? Go somewhere else, noone's forcing you to read this.

On a side note, it funny to watch how quickly you guys make a mob and start collectively attacking a single person with a different opinion. In different times in history you would've done extremely well in Nazi Germany, Mao's China or Soviet Russia - too bad for you those times are gone... or are they?
I don't think anybody is saying you're not entitled to your opinion of whether AC behaved appropriately - most are amused and/or appalled that you would behave so immaturely over not understanding the limitations of an atypical task (transferring points from a USA based account to a Canadian one).
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
сумасшедший
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:22 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Parnel, is that you trolling again?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Deckard
I noticed that as my first thought was that your were the CS person in question, signing up to defend yourself

It's entirely possible that the OP is trolling as posting on a public forum "I have behaved in a reprehensible fashion to an innocent fellow human and I'm proud of it" isn't the sort of thing most people do.
Hahahah... no I got out of the CS game in my teens.... although I do remember being berated by customers in bizarre situations. Some guy actually chewed me out (incl. dropping f-bombs in front of his young kids) because I gave him a sleeve of golf balls that had 4s instead of 1s on them. We told him we were not willing to sell him any golf balls after the way he acted.

Yes, it's totally possible that the OP is trolling. It's also totally plausible he thinks he's some sort of consumer maverick and that he's standing up for the "customer is always right" dogma that is out there. I bet he's gleeful to screw any company he deals with on any mistake fare/price, T&C error, or rep mistake that occurs. Then, as soon as the tables are turned and things turn out to be not in his favour, it's all "fraud" and "dirty tricks" and "deplorable". As I said before, it's this type of behaviour that gets agents all defensive and difficult to deal with at times, because they assume that the customer is always trying to screw them.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond

What does disclose properly mean? It is not properly to you. Should they have called you and asked you how to disclose it? Do they need to put everything in bold for your benefit? the T&C listed the rules, you missed them. Own your mistake.

Last edited by marvanit; Aug 21, 2012 at 12:31 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by nordsfan
сумасшедший
黐線 :d
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Sebring
It's possible you have too much attitude and brought a lot of this on yourself. There is no excuse for incivility.
I completely agree and the sheer audacity of the attitude appals me. It is not alright to be treated like this as a customer and it is equally as improper to treat employees in such a fashion, especially when the cause of the complaint was due to an oversight on the part of the passenger.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.