Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Urgent: Need to change Aeroplan ticket, Aeroplan Call center closed till flight

Old Jul 26, 12, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100k

Hi all,

I sadly made a mistake in my Aeroplan booking - booked the 7am instead of 7pm flight.

The flight is tomorrow morning and the Aeroplan call centre doesn't open before the flight.

I can't do the morning flight, need to be in for a meeting, and the evening flight is still available for miles. Can I refund the flight and rebook the evening flight? Is there someone else I could reach? I'm only a lowly AC*E, but could I potentially contact concierge. (The reward ticket is C on United domestic)

I any ideas would be appreaciated!

Thank you.

Tim
Old Jul 26, 12, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by timj010 View Post
Hi all,

I sadly made a mistake in my Aeroplan booking - booked the 7am instead of 7pm flight.

The flight is tomorrow morning and the Aeroplan call centre doesn't open before the flight.

I can't do the morning flight, need to be in for a meeting, and the evening flight is still available for miles. Can I refund the flight and rebook the evening flight? Is there someone else I could reach? I'm only a lowly AC*E, but could I potentially contact concierge. (The reward ticket is C on United domestic)

Thank you.

Tim
I think you should be able to do it at the airport ticket desk
Old Jul 26, 12, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC SE
Can you change on website under "Your Account/Manage Rewards"?
Choose the cancel option, and I think it will give you a further option of rebooking award (with $90 change fee)
Old Jul 26, 12, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Are you sure?

United/AC desks can handle Aeroplan reward bookings?

Additionally, ToS state that a reward ticket cannot be changed after 2 hours before departarture and frankly I doubt someone useful would be at the airport at 5am and also wouldn't quite want to go to airport and back to change reward booking
Old Jul 26, 12, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
I think you should be able to do it at the airport ticket desk
Wouldnīt the OP have to go to the airport before the 7a.m. departure flight in order not to lose his ticket?

The OP could try calling any of the intīl call centers, e.g. LHR/FRA/SYD etc., maybe theyīll be able to change his ticket (some intīl AC call center agents are permitted to make changes to AE bookings, too.)

Does the E priority contact number really not work at night?
Old Jul 26, 12, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
Can you change on website under "Your Account/Manage Rewards"?
Choose the cancel option, and I think it will give you a further option of rebooking award (with $90 change fee)
Are the miles refunded immediately, so as to be able to book a new ticket?
Old Jul 26, 12, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Are the miles refunded immediately, so as to be able to book a new ticket?
Iīm pretty sure you canīt have the miles refundet at this point, you can only change the time/date up until 2h before departure by paying a $90 fee.
Old Jul 26, 12, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Iīm pretty sure you canīt have the miles refundet at this point, you can only change the time/date up until 2h before departure by paying a $90 fee.
I understand that... but if I cancel the flight... can I book a new flight immediately using the miles from the cancelled flight? Otherwise I don't have enough additional aeroplan miles to book another ticket.
Old Jul 26, 12, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Wouldnīt the OP have to go to the airport before the 7a.m. departure flight in order not to lose his ticket?

The OP could try calling any of the intīl call centers, e.g. LHR/FRA/SYD etc., maybe theyīll be able to change his ticket (some intīl AC call center agents are permitted to make changes to AE bookings, too.)

Does the E priority contact number really not work at night?
I just got in touch with AC reservations and as expected they can't help me. But yes, the only E priority number I have is the Aeroplan Priority Number and that only opens at 7am.
Old Jul 26, 12, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
http://www1.aeroplan.com/help/contact_us.do

There are other aeroplan contacts some of which would be open now. The mexico one is open 24/7.
Old Jul 26, 12, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Is the Mexico call centre still the only one open 24h a day? You could try calling there...

EDIT: Just saw the reply from AZbba, I guess we had the same idea!

Last edited by gabdusch; Jul 26, 12 at 11:18 pm Reason: Duplicate information
Old Jul 26, 12, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gabdusch View Post
Is the Mexico call centre still the only one open 24h a day? You could try calling there...

EDIT: Just saw the reply from AZbba, I guess we had the same idea!
Guys, thank you for suggesting intl. offices. Got an agent on the phone in HK who said everything is booked even though I can still book the flight through the Aeroplan reward booking tool. Re-calling now to hopefully get a better agent.

Is it possible that the Aeroplan award ticket tool shows more availability then actually exists?

Tried calling Mexico a couple of times but the line just drops every time after I hold for about 3min or more.
Old Jul 27, 12, 1:01 am
Suspended

Hi all,

Thank you.

Tim
This two hour thing is not actually true. Just do a no show and call when they open to rebook for the evening. I thought same day changes can be made at the airport anyways. The file doesn't reset til after midnight.
Old Jul 27, 12, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
This two hour thing is not actually true. Just do a no show and call when they open to rebook for the evening. I thought same day changes can be made at the airport anyways. The file doesn't reset til after midnight.
Exactly -- can't the OP just same-day change after midnight online? All automatic and no need to call anyone, plus only $75.

Although I guess it's after 7 am so I hope it worked out for the OP...
Old Jul 27, 12, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich View Post
Exactly -- can't the OP just same-day change after midnight online? All automatic and no need to call anyone, plus only $75.

Although I guess it's after 7 am so I hope it worked out for the OP...

Is this a perk of having status or are rules different for award bookings? I only see the $75 as being a same day "airport" change fee (at least for Tango+ fare). Changing online is listed as $150 + fare difference.

As you mentioned, hopefully the OP was successful with making the change.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: