Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Urgent: Need to change Aeroplan ticket, Aeroplan Call center closed till flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent: Need to change Aeroplan ticket, Aeroplan Call center closed till flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AC
Yes. No same day standby with checked luggage, ever.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Allvest, and others. My apologies. I read "changes" as "charges", hence my stupid second question. I will check the baggage to ORD only and try our luck with a same day standby, I think there are enough flights to give us a chance.

I have never flown through ORD, so maybe a little more assistance please?

We are flying in on OZ and out on UA. I guess we'd clear US customs and then go to the normal check-in for the United flight as if we were non-connecting passengers? In ICN should we just check ourselves in to ORD, or is it OK to check in all the way to YOW but check the bags only to ORD?

Thanks again for the (OT) help.

ex-egll
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by ex-egll
Allvest, and others. My apologies. I read "changes" as "charges", hence my stupid second question. I will check the baggage to ORD only and try our luck with a same day standby, I think there are enough flights to give us a chance.

I have never flown through ORD, so maybe a little more assistance please?

We are flying in on OZ and out on UA. I guess we'd clear US customs and then go to the normal check-in for the United flight as if we were non-connecting passengers? In ICN should we just check ourselves in to ORD, or is it OK to check in all the way to YOW but check the bags only to ORD?

Thanks again for the (OT) help.

ex-egll
You can check your bags all the way to YOW, that will not affect anything
since you will have to re-claim your bag in ORD anyway to pass US
customs.

There should be a UA desk outside the customs hall where you would
normally re-deposit your bags/arrange connections; you could inquire there
about the stand-by change before re-depositing your bags.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
I have an aeroplan booking YUL-YYZ-NRT-HKG on AC and NH. It is currently booked in I class. Is it possible to have a same-day change for YUL-YYZ-HKG?

On AC website they talk about different change options for revenue passengers but there is no mention of aeroplan bookings...
http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/one...ex_europe.html
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
You can check your bags all the way to YOW, that will not affect anything
since you will have to re-claim your bag in ORD anyway to pass US
customs.

There should be a UA desk outside the customs hall where you would
normally re-deposit your bags/arrange connections; you could inquire there
about the stand-by change before re-depositing your bags.
Thanks for the info.

ex-egll
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by ex-egll
Sorry to go OT, but the comment above interested me. We are returning from a mini-RTW reward trip in November ICN-ORD-YOW with a 10 hour stop-over in ORD. The ORD - YOW leg is on UA.

If UA are more accommodating in allowing same day standby's, could we get we request a same day standby if our luggage was checked ICN - YOW or would we have to short check our luggage to ORD?

Thanks, and apologies again for drifting OT.

ex-egll
I was in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago. I went HKG-ORD-YOW. You have to pick up your bag at ORD and go through customs. Although my bag had a priority tag (business) it was very late coming out. While waiting I was talking to a UA agent at the carousel who looked into it and told me it was on the flight. I mentioned to her how I'd had a lost bag on my last 2 trips to Asia including my outbound on that trip.

After clearing immigration there is a UA desk and luggage drop for connecting flights. I held onto my bag and got in line to see about getting on the earlier flight. The same agent walked by and asked if she could help. She got me on the earlier flight and re-tagged my bag. I don't know if she did it because I'd mentioned my lost luggage or if it's normal practice but it worked out for me. Just remember your bag would have to be re-tagged so don't put it back on the belt and then go wait in line or it wont work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.