Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: business class on Thai available on ANA and united but not on aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: business class on Thai available on ANA and united but not on aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aerplan elite
business class on Thai available on ANA and united but not on aeroplan

I am booked in economy class on business class reward ticket on July 12 Bkk to MXP on Thai airways, ANA and united are showing availability in business but aeroplan agents see no availability. Any body has any experience with this kind of situation?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by khanbaba
I am booked in economy class on business class reward ticket on July 12 Bkk to MXP on Thai airways, ANA and united are showing availability in business but aeroplan agents see no availability. Any body has any experience with this kind of situation?

3 weeks ago I found 5 flights 5 airlines all showing, though apparently not visible to AP. More shenanigans....
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: AC
Strange: AE.com shows the F availability, but not the J availability. They don't want to take your $90 change fee?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:18 pm

TG940 is avail. in all classes.

http://beta.awardtravelr.com/search#...12/fwd/0/pax/1
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vroom
Strange: AE.com shows the F availability, but not the J availability. They don't want to take your $90 change fee?
I don't have to pay any change fee because rest of the itinerary is in business class.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
The usual recourse is to call in and ask them to direct-sell the flight. Rather than searching and not finding the flight (or the availability), they make a request directly to the partner. This will tell them for sure whether or not there's space. Most agents are quite willing to do this. It takes a few seconds, they just need the flight number, date and times and the class of service.

Sometimes their systems just get out of sync. It's not really shenanigans as far as I can tell. I've even had to get Aeroplan to direct-sell an AC award one time that I found on the UA site but didn't show up on Aeroplan.com or when the phone agent searched
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arcticbull
The usual recourse is to call in and ask them to direct-sell the flight. Rather than searching and not finding the flight (or the availability), they make a request directly to the partner. This will tell them for sure whether or not there's space. Most agents are quite willing to do this. It takes a few seconds, they just need the flight number, date and times and the class of service.

Sometimes their systems just get out of sync. It's not really shenanigans as far as I can tell. I've even had to get Aeroplan to direct-sell an AC award one time that I found on the UA site but didn't show up on Aeroplan.com or when the phone agent searched
you are absolutely right arcticbull, this is the right way to find flight which does not show availability on aeroplan. problem solved, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.