Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Maple Leafe Lounge Access at YYC

Question: Maple Leafe Lounge Access at YYC

Old Jul 5, 12, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Maple Leafe Lounge Access at YYC

Have a direct flight from YYC - SFO on UA, departing YYC at 1:09 PM on a Saturday.

As a premier gold member on UA, I know I should have access to the lounge.

however, is the lounge nearby UA's terminal?

Also I think YYC does US immigration preclearance, so not sure if the lounge is before or after that (and if before then can you even use the lounge? how much time would you budget)?

thanks
Old Jul 5, 12, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, HH Gold, MR Titanium, IHG Spire, Accor Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Unfortunately, the AC MLL is in concourse A at YYC, which is separated from concourse C which is where the TB flights depart. If you're on a layover or if you get to the airport super early for some reason the AC agents will likely be willing to give you a gate pass to use the lounge in A but you'd still have to go out then go through preclearance and security again to enter C.

There is an Amex Plat/Priority Pass lounge in C (Rocky Mountain Lounge) if it helps you at all.
Old Jul 5, 12, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Santander View Post
Unfortunately, the AC MLL is in concourse A at YYC, which is separated from concourse C which is where the TB flights depart. If you're on a layover or if you get to the airport super early for some reason the AC agents will likely be willing to give you a gate pass to use the lounge in A but you'd still have to go out then go through preclearance and security again to enter C.

There is an Amex Plat/Priority Pass lounge in C (Rocky Mountain Lounge) if it helps you at all.
If I got there early, can't I just go to the MLL directly, hang out there, then go through preclearance?

I thought once you go through preclearance, you cannot go back out.

Also you said, "the AC agents will likely be willing to give you a gate pass to use the lounge "

I'm on a UA flight and have premier gold so, I shouldn't need a pass, correct? Won't I just be able to get in based upon *A gold status anyway?
Old Jul 5, 12, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, HH Gold, MR Titanium, IHG Spire, Accor Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kayexalate View Post
Also you said, "the AC agents will likely be willing to give you a gate pass to use the lounge "

I'm on a UA flight and have premier gold so, I shouldn't need a pass, correct? Won't I just be able to get in based upon *A gold status anyway?
Concourse A (where the MLL is) is not connected to Concourse C (where TB flights are) so you are not authorised to enter Concourse A security without a gate pass. Unless you're arriving off an AC/9M domestic flight you'll need to get a gate pass. If you're coming from the city, the best way is to ask an AC agent at the Executive Class check-in for a gate pass to use the lounge then head to the MLL from there. YYC on Saturday at that time usually isn't bad, 30 minutes should be a safe time budget to get through both preclearance and security.

When you get to the MLL you're correct that your UA*G card + BP will get you in. (In fact, your BP alone will get you in if you're upgraded)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: