Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any experience with Hot wire + Air Canada Status Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha

Wife and I are looking at visiting Las Vegas for the first time.

Looking at prices through hot wire and some decent deals.

Question: Any experience with Hot Wire and what fare class they book with AC/United? Status Mile qualifiers?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by morphius909
Wife and I are looking at visiting Las Vegas for the first time.

Looking at prices through hot wire and some decent deals.

Question: Any experience with Hot Wire and what fare class they book with AC/United? Status Mile qualifiers?
I would work under the assumption they're bottom of the barrel/tourist class fares, and not eligible for anything other than putting your keister in the seat.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:28 pm

Try using ITA matrix to find the itinerary you see on hotwire. If you see exactly the same flights with the same price (give or take $1 due to rounding errors), chances are the booking class will be the same.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:50 pm

Theoreticaly; there are no Tango fares offered on AC transborder; if booking on AC metal (not a UA codeshare).

However, if miles are important; booking on hotwire; orbits; kayak is not recommended!

I assume the reason why you are looking at hotwire is a full package deal and thus what calligow said will not work. Asides from that; there would be no logical reason to book outside the carriers website.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by hearna
I assume the reason why you are looking at hotwire is a full package deal and thus what calligow said will not work. Asides from that; there would be no logical reason to book outside the carriers website.
Travel credits, discount codes, gift certificates, etc.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:17 am

I've never used Hotwire, but I have always been able to get the fare basis on the websites for Expedia and Orbitz. I assume the OP can't find it online for Hotwire. I seem to recall considering Hotwire in the past but booking elsewhere when I couldn't find the fare basis on their website. Perhaps you could call them to confirm? Bit of a pain, but it could be worth it depending on the savings and your tolerance of customer-service-by-phone roulette.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I would be careful when booking on any site besides United/Air Canada or ticketpilot.ca, where the fare rules are displayed and available. When the fare rules are not explicitly available for the buyer, you are taking a risk in booking a non mileage accruing fare.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Agreed agreed and agreed.

No sorry couldn't find fare classes, even google + hotwire revealed similar experiences and expertise here: You take a big gamble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.