Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sandwiches in an MLL near you?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: 100K
Sandwiches were pretty tasty... although I already stopped by Wolfgang Pucks and picked up some food so didn't get to try them all. Glad to see some improvements in the MLL lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
I'm here too.

I've had 4. I feel like I'm in the Koru Club in LAX!^
I wish it were make your own, like Koru Club @ LAX. I'm not a fan of cheese or weird sauces
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I had the roasted veggie one yesterday and it was really good. That and the humus, chickpeas, and carrot salad made a big enough lunch that I declined my hot meal on the noon flight to YYT. Of course by the time we couldn't land at YYT and then detoured to YQX, refueled, flew back to YYT, couldn't land again and flew to YUL arriving at 8:00 pm, I was wishing I'd eaten more.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Skytrotter 777
...the sandwiches are available in Toronto and Calgary domestic lounges only and looking to see if customers appreciate them.
Looks like YYZ domestic AMEX plat lounge has competition for its 'famous' white bread, cheez slice and microslice of predigested, definitely non-artisanal lettuce- I joke, but those things have kept me alive during flight delays...
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I had the roasted veggie one yesterday and it was really good. That and the humus, chickpeas, and carrot salad made a big enough lunch that I declined my hot meal on the noon flight to YYT. Of course by the time we couldn't land at YYT and then detoured to YQX, refueled, flew back to YYT, couldn't land again and flew to YUL arriving at 8:00 pm, I was wishing I'd eaten more.
Ahahaha... LOL! Great flight routing. I have never had a diversion in 0.75 million miles. Luck?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Sitting in the YYZ domestic MLL and there's a new food offering.

Four sandwiches:
1. Grilled vegetables with roasted garlic; roasted red, green and yellow peppers; zucchini; eggplant
2. Mozzarella cheese; artisan lettuce; sliced tomato
3. Black forest ham; artisan lettuce; swiss cheese; sliced tomato
4. Salami; artisan lettuce; swiss cheese; sliced tomato

I had the ham version. It was edible, but the bread was too dense and the tomato stood no chance of staying in and intact. Oh and I didn't see a trace of swiss cheese.

The mustard jar says "dijon" but it's regular old French's prepared.

Pics provided:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79639918/YYZ_Sandwiches.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/79639918/Dis...e_sandwich.jpg
????????????/?!??

are you suggesting it's anything other than Guinness and bread?!?

I AM SO THERE.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
are you suggesting it's anything other than Guinness and bread?!?
Is there a MLL which still has Guinness? It'd be a step above Coors Light.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Santander
Is there a MLL which still has Guinness? It'd be a step above Coors Light.
Haha, setting expectations low eh YUL does and so does YVR. Not sure about YYZ but I'd figure so?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:48 pm

Haha, setting expectations low eh YUL does and so does YVR. Not sure about YYZ but I'd figure so?
I thought they took Guinness out of YVR. I haven't been in the YVR MLL in a couple of months so I don't remember.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:08 pm

I thought they took Guinness out of YVR. I haven't been in the YVR MLL in a couple of months so I don't remember.
oh geez I hope not. I haven't been for a couple of months either - going in early August - will report back Coors would certainly be a PITA.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Ahahaha... LOL! Great flight routing. I have never had a diversion in 0.75 million miles. Luck?
Well, according to the Aeroplan website I'm closing in on 900k miles with them and I _have_ flown on other airlines so maybe you just have to give it a bit of time! I think I've only had two others - years ago.

On the way back to YYZ (where I started!) from YUL I took the opportunity to listen to some Mozart - very nice, although I can't really recommend it if you're using the free AC earbuds. I didn't think I'd need my QC15s this trip. Next flight I'll give it a proper listen.

According to the YYT website there are 1,000 flights/year "impacted by low visibility" affecting 100,000 passengers. I guess it was just my turn.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:46 pm

According to the YYT website there are 1,000 flights/year "impacted by low visibility" affecting 100,000 passengers. I guess it was just my turn.
Yeah it can be bad. Hopefully it will improve next year once they get another runway setup with CAT III.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:58 pm

oh geez I hope not. I haven't been for a couple of months either - going in early August - will report back Coors would certainly be a PITA.
What YVR needs is Tsingtao alongside the Guinness... I mean, it's freaking YVR. Don't worry, I'll be there on July 29 and I'll provide an update. (I meant int'l MLL, btw)
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
Yeah it can be bad. Hopefully it will improve next year once they get another runway setup with CAT III.
Home, sweet home. YYT was nearly shutdown for 3 or 4 days in early May due to persisting fog. I recall something like 3600 people were impacted between YYZ/YUL and YYT over a 4 day period. They ended up using 767s to catch up after it cleared.

And to stay on topic, I wouldn't expect such sandwiches in our unmanned MLL at YYT anytime soon
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:20 am

What YVR needs is Tsingtao alongside the Guinness... I mean, it's freaking YVR. Don't worry, I'll be there on July 29 and I'll provide an update. (I meant int'l MLL, btw)
Catastrophe partially avoided! Confirmed Guinness at YUL MLL just now (in fact, no Coors Lite, haha). Maybe they just ran out of supply in your last experience. Sadly, since this is not Japan, no beer till 11am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.