Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive First menu as souvenir?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I'm guessing I collected 22/24 when tidying the cabin yesterday. How many can I send you??

Menus are not recycled and our cabin groomers would be more than happy if you took yours home!

(I'd be happy to autograph one on your next flight)
Flying LH First Class, the food and wine menu folder you get at the start of your flight has a message in gold ink hand written by the SD saying Welcome on board Herr Dielissen.

A nice touch...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
NH F attendant took the hard cover menu back. I later asked to have the paper paper insert as souvenir. In J they never collect the menu.

The next time flying F, I just helped myself with the paper insert
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Flying LH First Class, the food and wine menu folder you get at the start of your flight has a message in gold ink hand written by the SD saying Welcome on board Herr Dielissen.

A nice touch...
Only if your name happens to be Dielissen.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
On a UA F flight HKG-SIN, the in-flight magazine was autographed with "Flyertalk <nickname> <date>" lol
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
The menus are not recycled?!?! I'll always take mine now to recycle it at home. What a shame!!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: AC A50K
Can't recycle

Garbage from foreign sources is generally burned to prevent foreign contaminants from entering another country. Even a domestic flight could have foreign garbage on it. Some aircraft do a foreign run, followed by a domestic run, which could allow foreign contaminants to enter the domestic garbage/recycling process. SYD-YVR-YYZ comes to mind.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
EVA apparently reuses the menus. Mind you, they have the same meals for an entire month so its easier. I think that they are reused when you have legs. E.g. the TPE-BKK-LHR flight.
Sometimes AC menus are more appetizing than the meals and I am grateful that when I ask the FA what he/she recommends and he/she gives me an honest answer. I had one tell me that the beef had been a bit tough on recent flights, and he hoped my teeth were ok. It was done in a friendly way, with no intent of negativity and I appreciated that.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by Yukonprince

A nice touch...
I've flown LH F at least a dozen times and never received a menu or wine list with anything written on it. I'm guessing the practice is crew-dependent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.