Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

International Flights from Edmonton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Flights from Edmonton

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nave888

That being said, AC really doesn't have a good reputation in YEG, so maybe KLM will be able to feed off that and make this work!
But then KLM does not really have a good reputation anywhere...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Most that fly KLM have a different opinion from yours.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Most that fly KLM have a different opinion from yours.
Must be because they like north of Red Deer?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

That being said, AC really doesn't have a good reputation in YEG, so maybe KLM will be able to feed off that and make this work!
I have no opinion on KLM, but if their flight attendants are anything like the women I saw in Holland (a guy can dream) I have a feeling I'll like them
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pewpew
[SIZE=1]

I have no opinion on KLM, but if their flight attendants are anything like the women I saw in Holland (a guy can dream) I have a feeling I'll like them
Greta Van Susteren?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:13 pm

A332 is a big plane for YEG
It's the smallest capable aircraft in KLM's fleet. And KL configure their aircraft about as leisurely as possible
Originally Posted by ProudEdmontonian
I wonder if the pending official announcement of this will be sufficient enough 'big news' for some on this board.
Well, you've been saying something of some sort would happen at some point for the last year, so I can only assume this is precisely what you were referring to
You're in the know, is this new service Summer only?
Any idea on how much skin EIAA has in this route? If any.
And who wants to take a bet on how long the experience will last?
I sure do .... Wonder how FI is liking this deal.
This is great though, the table is almost set. Let's hope AC soon announces they're back to LHR daily this summer and let the chips fall where they may. Someone will lose though - FI, KL, AC, or EIAA.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Let's hope AC soon announces they're back to LHR daily this summer and let the chips fall where they may.
They've already announced that they are...

Someone will lose though - FI, KL, AC, or EIAA.
Ah, this wise old armchair expert.

Last edited by TheGreatestX; Oct 12, 2014 at 9:37 pm
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:00 pm
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
Likely EIAA they have likely lost millions on the soon to be lost Newark flight, and gave piled millions into FI and initially AC for LHR, and will likely put millions into KLMs pockets.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by 7E7
Likely EIAA they have likely lost millions on the soon to be lost Newark flight, and gave piled millions into FI and initially AC for LHR, and will likely put millions into KLMs pockets.
What's going on with the EWR flight?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:38 am

Newark has been cancelled, by the looks of it from 10/25.

Somehow, this isn't too surprising... you can fly YEG-NYC with one connection a dozen ways to Sunday on every major airline, and the O/D business travel market that would be more likely to pay for a non-stop service likely isn't too large. EWR also opened up a number of new international markets, but not so many that couldn't be reached via a single connection elsewhere.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles

Somehow, this isn't too surprising... you can fly YEG-NYC with one connection a dozen ways to Sunday on every major airline, and the O/D business travel market that would be more likely to pay for a non-stop service likely isn't too large. EWR also opened up a number of new international markets, but not so many that couldn't be reached via a single connection elsewhere.
I think that flight was designed for connecting to Europe, I've done it twice and was poorly timed for NYC as a destination (although that's what I did). But fell into United Euro flight bank, I assume a lot of People connecting I'm EWR are now going to connect in Ams.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by makin'miles
The cancellation announcement was made back in Aug. as noted here. The route had OTP issues from the start often running below 60%.

The Edmonton area has a large Dutch community and that and through connections should help it.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:52 am
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
Came across this http://t.co/tnomwChue7 that show main OD passenger markets for EIAA, don't see Reykavik on the list.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by 7E7
Came across this http://t.co/tnomwChue7 that show main OD passenger markets for EIAA, don't see Reykavik on the list.
The list is using data from 2013 which was before FI started flying ex YEG.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC E*50
It wouldn't surprise me if Reykavik wasn't a top OD market, even with the flight. Icelandair is doing a good job connecting people from Scandinavia into Canada (or the US) via KEF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.