Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best tool for award inventory searching

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP

What is the best tool for searching *A award inventory (particularly business class inventory "I")? Aeroplan seems pretty cumbersome and limited.

What I want is the ability to search a range of dates (say 1/1/2013 - 1/31-2013), without having to do a separate search for each date, with constraints such as "a single carrier only for each direction of travel, and one-stop only?".

Thanks.

Last edited by g46r; Jun 21, 2012 at 5:39 pm
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:27 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I don't think there is anything out there meeting what you are looking for.

United offers a search based on a 30 day window, but is not able to be restricted to one carrier.

KVS is much quicker, but as far as I can recall, only offered a day by day search. KVS is also not limited to certain carriers. I get the impression that some airline sites encourage the use of their own metal. KVS is a paid service.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
There is no such thing as Star Gold inventory

United.com is easiest to use - but phantom availability does happen
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:37 pm

try award nexus...
Ive had pretty good luck
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:03 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
KVS is much quicker, but as far as I can recall, only offered a day by day search. KVS is also not limited to certain carriers.
KVS Tool now supports 7-day searches for Star Alliance Award Availability and you can also limit the results to one or more specific carriers:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:46 pm

Arrow

Originally Posted by g46r
What is the best tool for searching *A award inventory (particularly business class inventory "I")? Aeroplan seems pretty cumbersome and limited.

What I want is the ability to search a range of dates (say 1/1/2013 - 1/31-2013), without having to do a separate search for each date, with constraints such as "a single carrier only for each direction of travel, and one-stop only?".

Thanks.
http://beta.awardtravelr.com/ is a simple option that's free.

Awardnexus.com is your best bet as it's very robust and allows you to search multiple dates, city pairs, and sources (AC/ANA/UA) in one search with a lot of filtering options.

The ANA website now offers a 7-day award search, which is what KVS is using for its "7-day search". However it only works for non-stop/direct flights only, which means you would have to search for each segment individually if you needed connecting options.

Last edited by pete4212; Sep 21, 2012 at 10:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.