FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   eupgrade computer glitch (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1356260-eupgrade-computer-glitch.html)

timj010 Jun 13, 2012 9:56 am

eupgrade computer glitch

Hi,

I've recently submitted a request to upgrade SFO-YYZ-ZRH. All was well and got waitlisted for both flights. Now I re-check the website and my simple one way flight was split up into 3 flights the upgraded varieties are duplicated.

http://s16.postimage.org/b6kyetetv/epgrade.png

It's not a big issue and I'll call aeroplan later this afternoon to confirm my upgrade, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this? I find it quite hilarious - wondering if I'll get double the miles and get sits in Y and C at the same time :)

Thanks,
Tim

Stranger Jun 13, 2012 10:08 am

You say: "Now I re-check the website," whicjh site is that? Reservation, or eupgrades?

Normally, when waitlisted for an upgrade, the reservation shows the waitlisted flights twice, once in Y and once in R.

Which kind of sounds like what you describe.

g46r Jun 13, 2012 11:19 am

Also, call AC, not aeroplan, if you need to talk to someone. Eupgrade is an AC program.

timj010 Jun 13, 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 18749572)
You say: "Now I re-check the website," whicjh site is that? Reservation, or eupgrades?

Normally, when waitlisted for an upgrade, the reservation shows the waitlisted flights twice, once in Y and once in R.

Which kind of sounds like what you describe.

The eupgrade site as shown in the screenshot. It should only be showing to legs SFO-YYZ and YYZ-ZRH, whereas now it has duplicated my flights.

Stranger Jun 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by timj010 (Post 18750159)
The eupgrade site as shown in the screenshot. It should only be showing to legs SFO-YYZ and YYZ-ZRH, whereas now it has duplicated my flights.

Sorry, somehow when chasing commercials, I seem to have blocked access to postimage, not sure how/why.

It seems to got an upgrade confiremed only for the SFO-YYZ leg, but not the overseas one.

What happens when you try selecting seats?

timj010 Jun 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 18750297)
Sorry, somehow when chasing commercials, I seem to have blocked access to postimage, not sure how/why.

It seems to got an upgrade confiremed only for the SFO-YYZ leg, but not the overseas one.

What happens when you try selecting seats?

It brings up the the seatmap but doesn't allow me to click on any of them to select them even though free seats are shown.

Stranger Jun 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by timj010 (Post 18750323)
It brings up the the seatmap but doesn't allow me to click on any of them to select them even though free seats are shown.

Best to call them then.

timj010 Jun 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 18750340)
Best to call them then.

I did, it turns out the computer had me booked both in C and Y. So technically, had I not called them the flight could fit one less passenger.

But all is good - confirmed in C on both legs :D (8 out of 8 this year, quite happy)

I'm wondering whether this has happened to anyone else?

yyznomad Jun 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by timj010 (Post 18753470)
I did, it turns out the computer had me booked both in C and Y. So technically, had I not called them the flight could fit one less passenger.

But all is good - confirmed in C on both legs :D (8 out of 8 this year, quite happy)

I'm wondering whether this has happened to anyone else?

Yes, quite often. Ckin agent often pauses in confusion when looking at the screen. They always ask if I had double booked myself but then realize what the issue is and correct it then and there. So far no real major issues with this, but it makes it difficult to trust the already fragile eupgrade system.

Plus often when I view my eupgrade account to see if I have been waitlisted, in absence of a notification email, I see that it is cleared but I can never select my seats in the J cabin which requires me to call in. The agents often give me approximately the same reason but I never understand what they are trying to tell me other than people touching my file and not doing things correctly.

172pilot Jun 14, 2012 5:50 am

This seems to be a common glitch when you are wait listed for an upgrade. It has happened to me and is easily resolved with a phone call.