Wiki Posts
Search

AC matching AF biz fare sale

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
AC matching AF biz fare sale

Some cheap biz fares available right now as AC,LX and I presume LH are quietly matching AF justlike last summer. Check the prices on AC for the destinations from YUL and YYZ listed in the AF promotion

http://www.airfrance.ca/CA/en/local/...n_business.htm

I just booked YUL-TXL via ZRH for $2515 in Biz on LX all taxes in. Same price on AC.com via FRA. Another one is YUL-CDG in biz for $2548.48. Hope this helps someone.
Old May 30, 2012, 6:40 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Some cheap biz fares available right now as AC,LX and I presume LH are quietly matching AF justlike last summer. Check the prices on AC for the destinations from YUL and YYZ listed in the AF promotion

http://www.airfrance.ca/CA/en/local/...n_business.htm

I just booked YUL-TXL via ZRH for $2515 in Biz on LX all taxes in. Same price on AC.com via FRA. Another one is YUL-CDG in biz for $2548.48. Hope this helps someone.
Perhaps this is a bait & switch tactic as the picture on Air France's website next to the ad is that of the premium voyageur cabin not business
Old May 30, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Cool. Thanks! ^
Old May 30, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Interesting but sadly not that great a sale. I booked YUL-GVA on AF in Z for 1998 ai a few months back.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Interesting but sadly not that great a sale. I booked YUL-GVA on AF in Z for 1998 ai a few months back.
Yes I booked YYZ-ZRH on LX for the same price 6 months ago but that was a 1 day flash fare. This one you have till June 5 and in my case I saved over $1200 for a trip I was just about to book. Plus seat 4A on the LX 330 is probably equal to AF F.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:05 pm

What dates did you find on LX? I can't see anything close to that for the dates I need.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by okazon69
What dates did you find on LX? I can't see anything close to that for the dates I need.
For my route I looked at late August and early September. If you are on Swiss.com the fare will initially show around $3700 but when you press continue it will drop to the $2500 range with a red bar showing the price drop. I stumbled on this on the last sale. Plus I don 't think you get this price if you are going just to ZRH or say MUC. It has to be the AF sale destinations.

Last edited by Crampedin13A; May 30, 2012 at 7:16 pm
Old May 30, 2012, 7:40 pm

There are some very attractive Z fares! Wow.

Book on ac.com ...... Many *A partners at low Z fares
Old May 30, 2012, 7:42 pm

For my route I looked at late August and early September. If you are on Swiss.com the fare will initially show around $3700 but when you press continue it will drop to the $2500 range with a red bar showing the price drop. I stumbled on this on the last sale. Plus I don 't think you get this price if you are going just to ZRH or say MUC. It has to be the AF sale destinations.
Nice... Now if there were only something the other way around that is not AF...
Old May 30, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Not much availability until June 22nd according fare rules (fare type: ZWRCT42, Seasonal restrictions: PERMITTED 22JUN 12 THROUGH 09SEP 12 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR - 14-day advance purchase, Saturday night stay).

AF -> 19Jun-10Sep. Haven't compared detailed fare rules, just noted the slight difference in eligible dates.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
Not much availability until June 22nd according fare rules (fare type: ZWRCT42, Seasonal restrictions: PERMITTED 22JUN 12 THROUGH 09SEP 12 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR - 14-day advance purchase, Saturday night stay).

AF -> 19Jun-10Sep. Haven't compared detailed fare rules, just noted the slight difference in eligible dates.
Z fares always require something like a 21-day advance purchase, so not a surprising start date.

Really like those LX single seats/cabins. The "thrones" are curious artifacts for the informed to go after. Just wish LX would dump those pencil box amenity kits on their inbound flights. Much prefer the other variety.
Old May 31, 2012, 7:25 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Z fares always require something like a 21-day advance purchase, so not a surprising start date.
Really... ? Z fares all require 21 day advance? I guess the ZRC3 fare to Paris on AC is just a mistake. Better book it quick!
Old May 31, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
For $5k/pax, yes Z is available close(r) in. I, for one, like the Z fares that begin with a "2" or less
Old May 31, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
AF is allowing a stopover in Paris. Are the matching airlines allowing a stopover in their gateway cities (FRA/MUC/ZRH, etc.)?
Old May 31, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by The Lev
AF is allowing a stopover in Paris. Are the matching airlines allowing a stopover in their gateway cities (FRA/MUC/ZRH, etc.)?
Had a quick look at a couple of them on AC, and didn't see any that allowed stopovers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.