Change phone number in AE contact info

Old May 28, 12, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Change phone number in AE contact info

I am moving back from Spain to Canada. I already changed my address on my Aeroplan contact details page, but I have been unable to change my phone numbers. When I moved to Spain, I entered the country code 34 in the "overseas country code" field. Now that field is greyed out, and I can't either delete it or replace it with a 1. If I ignore the problem and enter my Canadian phone number in the area code and phone number fields, I get an error message saying that the country code (which stays at 34) is not required for North American phone numbers. Logging out and logging back in doesn't help. My Canadian address "sticks", but my phone numbers are still the Spanish ones, and the country code field is not editable. Any workarounds before I have to spend two hours on the phone over this idiotic issue?
Old May 28, 12, 1:11 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Calls are answered within seconds if you are not calling to book a flight. I am pretty sure they also want you off the phone within minutes.
Old Jul 4, 12, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Well, I finally called aeroplan, where a lady assured me that she had changed my phone number. Sure enough, my online profile still shows the old ones. I am glad to see that, despite being separate companies, the IT branches of Aeroplan and Air Canada still manage to deliver consistently high and comparable levels of incompetence.
Old Jul 4, 12, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Maybe it is an overnight process?
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
Maybe it is an overnight process?
No, it is not. Two more weeks went by without the numbers changing. Eventually I called again, and the agent was also seeing the old number. She changed it again, and this time the change stuck. Prejudice confirmed: it takes a month and two separate calls to change a phone number with Aeroplan.
Old Jul 22, 12, 10:22 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by Mauricio23 View Post
No, it is not. Two more weeks went by without the numbers changing. Eventually I called again, and the agent was also seeing the old number. She changed it again, and this time the change stuck. Prejudice confirmed: it takes a month and two separate calls to change a phone number with Aeroplan.
In IT jargon, this is called a "two phase commit".

Search this Thread